Rival Championship!

Do you support FOTA's decision to split from F1?

• Total voters
So FOTA have stepped off the plane and have a piece of paper declaring "Peace in our time"?

Max has fallen on his sword and all appears to be back to normal in the mad world of F1.

As usual F1 has made itself look as daft and irrelevant as only it can. Wonder if someone has gone and knocked on Flavio's door with a copy of his statement about the time being passed for talk.
:snigger:

Once again F1 has the chance to re-build and re-group but somehow I think circumstances will conspire to mess it all up. First and formost of course is the man to replace Max.

I suppose an independant mind from outside of the world of F1 would be too much to ask for ??

Oh well, then Jean Todt it is. :givemestrength:

Well look on the bright side...

The racing is hardly exciting this year so at least it gave us something to talk about, with the prospect of 2 series, new circuits, new teams, etc. :D

Wasn't this the case last week as well - until Max changed the contracts. I think I would like to hear from Fota before trusting anything Max says.

Interestingly, Autosport have said that next years official entries are expected later this afternoon - seems a bit precipitous to me.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76495

I wonder how the lack of a budget cap is going to affect the 3 new teams?

By all accounts, the ones given the 3 places were most sympathetic to Mosley's proposed rules.
With seemingly no cap in place will they still want to keep their places on the grid?

Brogan said:
I wonder how the lack of a budget cap is going to affect the 3 new teams?

By all accounts, the ones given the 3 places were most sympathetic to Mosley's proposed rules.
With seemingly no cap in place will they still want to keep their places on the grid?

Good question Bro - p'raps they'll form a breakaway series LOL

If I were in their shoes I would be mighty miffed and would consider withdrawing my entry - how can they compete effectively?

cider_and_toast said:
So FOTA have stepped off the plane and have a piece of paper declaring "Peace in our time"?

So, are you comparing Max to Hitler or was that just a coincidence? ;)

cider_and_toast said:

So, are you comparing Max to Hitler or was that just a coincidence? ;)

You may think that, I couldn't possibley comment. :whistle:

LOL I hate to say I told you so but............. LOL

This time Max's style of hard bargaining has backfired on him (whatever will he do with all the free now? probably spend it :censored: his little :censored: in :censored: with 13 :censored: and a donkey)

So happy a breakaway has been averted as it would never have worked in practise.

This time Max's style of hard bargaining has backfired on him (whatever will he do with all the free now? probably spend it :censored: his little :censored: in :censored: with 13 :censored: and a donkey)

Farming.........Small Holding.......Somerset..........Acres ??

ROFL

Genius c_a_t LOL :thumbsup:
I think you and Speshal have just invented a new game for the Fun & Games forum - see who can come up with the most imaginative words to fill the blanks :D

We may be getting ahead of ourselves here though.
So far there has been no comment from FOTA, officially or unofficially...

So, these people should breathe a huge sigh of relief...

• Bernie Ecclestone
  • Fans of QPR
  • Williams
  • Force India
  • Campos
  • USF1
  • Manor
  • anyone with designs on the FIA Presidency
  • FOM's broadcasters
  • Anyone without Sky Sports
  • the FIA
  • Flavio Briatore's PR man
  • the Crown Prince of Bahrain
  • Simon Gillett

However, the most important people to sigh relief are us, the fans. And who knows, c_a_t, Renault could be out and your Lotusey dreams may come true!

cider_and_toast said:

Farming.........Small Holding.......Somerset..........Acres ??

ROFL

So, blankety blank is our new game then!

Oh, can I have a go? Erm, knitting......panties.......Ann Summers........hookers?

(this is for comedic purposes only and does not reflect mine or Clip The Apex's views of Mr Mosley) ;)

Not Lola, boga, they've pulled off the list. Then again, they could buy Toro Rosso...

Keep dreaming c_a_t

Boyle99, it is in fun and games!

Haha, yeah, teabag, I just noticed.

Oh and great news for everyone that the storm has passed - for now anyway...

This is good news! F1 all one happy family again! *

Has FOTA actually made a statement confirming that everything has been sorted?

* until the next disagreement!

McZiderRed said:
Has FOTA actually made a statement confirming that everything has been sorted?
Almost...official statement is tomorrow.
The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) will officially call off its plans for a rival championship tomorrow after reaching a breakthrough deal with the FIA.

Following last-ditch talks between FIA president Max Mosley, FOTA chairman Luca di Montezemolo and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, an agreement was reached that commits the teams to the sport until 2012.

FOTA members had been set to press ahead with breakaway plans in the meeting in Bologna tomorrow, but following its victory in getting the FIA and Ecclestone to agree to terms that keeps its eight members in F1, it will now rubber stamp final cost-cutting regulations for 2010 and call off its breakaway instead.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76498

Back
Top Bottom