Rival Championship!

Do you support FOTA's decision to split from F1?

• Total voters
You have to wonder what everyone got out of this apart from a heap of bad publicity and a load of lawyers bills. Okay so Max is leaving but who will take over? Whoever it is will have to be as egotistical and tyranical as Max to keep Bernie and the various team principals in check otherwise they will walk all over him.

The teams have to cut their budgets in 2 years rather than 1 still meaning a huge swathe of redundancies and are we all really convinced BMW, Toyota and Renault are in it for the long haul when they are getting their butts kicked by the Brawn and Red Bull "garagerist" teams?

I only hope the 3 new teams put on a good show and encourage more private teams to enter as I'm not convinced the manufacturers are in it for the long haul.

And so it starts again...

Formula 1's future has been thrown into turmoil once again, with FIA president Max Mosley saying he is now keeping his future options open because of what he has called 'deliberate attempts' by teams to mislead the media.

Just 24 hours after Mosley reached a deal with FOTA to end the threat of a breakaway series, he has reacted angrily to what he calls 'false claims' made by the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) about the nature of their agreement.
This is just getting ridiculous now.
Maybe it would be for the best if the teams did split from the FIA and went their own way?

Full story: Mosley rethinks future over FOTA claims

I just found that story myself

And just when we all were breathing a sigh of relief
:givemestrength:
This now has abousltly no point it at all

It all he said this about me, She said that about me blah blah blah

WHO GIVES A F***!!!

cause i sure don't, When will the whole of F1 put a sock in it stop bitching about each other and get on with what they are supposed to do

RACING!

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

:givemestrength:

I've defended him in the past, now he can just f**k off, NO MAX, you said in an FIA press release yesterday that you were standing down - man up and bloody do it.

If he does stand and the FIA re-elect him I really am going to paint bomb their paris office.

Idiot

michael dead, max might stay, sunny here... must be the end of the world as we know it.

think i will take some time to ponder.

ALERT!!

Any spare toys? Please send urgently to Max Mosely care of FIA.

Our spokesman reported that today Mr Mosely threw the last of his toys out of his pram and is now close to tears, "if he doesn't receive a new supply of toys soon it will end in tears" said a shaken looking Richard Woods, "we've tried discipline, but even that won't calm him this time".

The world of motor sport is on the edge of a crisis as the only man that matters has been upset by the only team that counts!

Some people will hold on to power for as long as it suits them and bu**er the consequences. Max Mosely is one of them.

He told Jake Humphrey that it was all about power in his interview last week. It certainly was from his side.

And, yes, Max, this is about you. If you can act like a complete arse in forcing Ron Dennis to leave McLaren, then FOTA should expect a similar right for you. Simply, if I was in FOTA my 2010 WC entry would be conditional on one condition:

• Max Moseley will not be President of the FIA.

right, i pondered.

who the darn do FOTA think they are? i think its an outrage for one small group, not even with a say in the running of an organization, tries to get rid of the president of that organization?

F1 is part of FIA, one little part. the teams are not a part of FIA. auto sport all over the world is getting a kick up the back now from a little group of outsiders. if anyone can explain this one to me, i would be thankful.

otherwise all is well and the sun is still shining. nothing wine gums cannot handle.

bogaTYR said:
right, i pondered.

who the darn do FOTA think they are? i think its an outrage for one small group, not even with a say in the running of an organization, tries to get rid of the president of that organization?

F1 is part of FIA, one little part. the teams are not a part of FIA. auto sport all over the world is getting a kick up the back now from a little group of outsiders. if anyone can explain this one to me, i would be thankful.

otherwise all is well and the sun is still shining. nothing wine gums cannot handle.

These are the people/teams who make up the majority of F1 and earn the money by racing in God-forsaken parts of the world and swallowing the dictats of one man who has been the FIA for many years. Never mind democracy, "just go with Max - he's intelligent, an ex-barrister, must know what he's doing" - that's what happens when you have amateurs on the board.

MM's emphasis has always been on F1 - because it is the most high profile and, therefore, the most prestigious from his point of view.

I'm with Fota on this, if only because it might eventually see off our Max - I think he is a bully of the worst order.

For me, Max is a divisive issue. Just as it was OK for the FIA to say "if Ron Dennis goes, all your problems will go", then the same can be said for Max. For the teams, Max seems to be the problem. For Max the problem seems to be the teams.

Either way, if Max was gone, then F1 will live. If things continue as they are, I'm worried...

Don't forget that last year Max's personal life caused several race series (including most German racing - wasn't it) to break from the FIA.

When in any administration your job is NOT to draw attention to yourself, rather to the activity that you administer - if you need the limelight, you're in the wrong job!

As these race series have demostrated, the FIA is not a requirement to stage a series, therefore when Max comes in with a demanding/degrading "I know best" attitude, things will break. If F1 had not left the FIA, it would have continued the fragmentation of the organisation.

Basically, for good or evil, Max's time and style of management is past.

Notably, if Bernie had been forced to take sides I'm sure he would have found it hard to break from the teams, and so a breakaway series could have been assured, and although F1 constitutes a small part of the FIA's activity, it is a major funding generator, and its influence spawns a lot of the other motor racing activity worldwide.

Besides, if I was in that job at 70, and thought I was the best man for the job, I would be straight on that waiting list for my Harley Street brain doctor!

Yes I read that earlier.

As I said a few pages ago, I would want Mosley's intention to stand down written into the contract as it seems he's finding it extremely difficult to hand over the rei(g)ns of power...

The only person MM is thinking of is MM, such power one person has!! The rest of them must all be 'big girls blouses' what has happened to the once glorious F1?

Carlos Gracia would stand for FIA president but.....

"I believe Max Mosley has a lot of support and I would think twice before running against him, because I don't want to take any risks that may damage Spanish motorsport.

How could standing against Mosley "damage Spanish motosport?"

He also said

"You can't dance on someone's grave before he's dead."

oddly enough Max also said the other day:

"They made the mistake of dancing on my grave before I was buried,"

hmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom