Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

1 thing i find fascinating about Formula E is that its the opposite of formula 1 in competiveness, 3 races 3 different manufacters 3 different driver wins 3 different pole sitters & how on same circuits you can have 2 different races & i look Jake Dennis on friday 3rd on the grid & won race 1 at a canter at 11.5 seconds which is very rare, then comes back 24hrs later race 2 qualifies 14th in "1 of the worst formula e cars he's driven" & struggles to 10th in the race

I was watching the Daytona 24 hours over the weekend, and I know there were various safety car incidents and yellow flags, but rarely in any category did one team run off to a 30 second lead and then coast round in the way Red Bull did last year. If all these other formulas can find a way to equalise the car performance you wonder why those that run F1 can't do the same.

I was watching the Daytona 24 hours over the weekend, and I know there were various safety car incidents and yellow flags, but rarely in any category did one team run off to a 30 second lead and then coast round in the way Red Bull did last year. If all these other formulas can find a way to equalise the car performance you wonder why those that run F1 can't do the same.
its all these frequent rule changes, we finally get close & rule changes, everything starts again. 1997 > 1998, 2008 > 2009, 2020/21 > 2022

having watch the race this, ive got to agree on this. i get the saving energy tactics & the strategy. but from a viewing standpoint. ive said for a while is the race too long are the having to save too much energy would shortening the races help. until we get the fast recharge pit stops in because it felt like we were under a safety car for 24laps & had a 4 lap sprint at the end, shown by the commentary was saying for most of the race they were in 1.26s & at the end when they pushed they were in 1.19s/1.20s

qualification is sort of meaningless if you want you could go from 14th to 1st in 1 corner if you pushed hard for 600m. in the same way bird went from 9th to 2nd

Back
Top Bottom