FIA Extreme E

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
I find it strange that there should be a series dedicated to environmental issues and then ignores them totally. There is more to global warming than electric cars which have batteries have rare earths with the electricity generated bird killing windmills.

Watch real programmes and you will discover that is more to electricity and growing trees to the overall environment.

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
next race is this weekend from senegal & dakar. on the famous lac rose. anyone going to give a 2nd chance. after all it cant possibly be any worse

although interesting Sky sports who broadcasted the whole thing last time have binned me it off & now just highlights on Monday

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
I'd rather watch live footage of a puddle drying in the sun than watch that garbage again.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
McLaren have announced today that they've found a few pounds in one of Ron Dennis's old team shirts and therefore will be spending it on joining the Extreme E series as of 2022.

Hearing that announcement may make me rethink not watching it....

Nope, no it hasn't.

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
When Extreme E was announced, I thought it was going to be like rallying (maybe like the Dakar rally) - several stages per day, over 3-4 days.

Instead, it's basically 2 laps of circuit racing on dull circuits, with very few competitors...

Just shut it down (and come up with something interesting)... The current hypocrisy of the series is also telling... Tonnes and tonnes of equipment, shipped (or air-freighted) around the world to highlight ecological issues for a 10 minute "race"! There's something wrong with the entire concept!

Top Bottom