Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

so disappointed in him, as ive enjoyed his commentary on both chequered podcast & FE. will be a big miss, but you cant be doing what he did

It's a bit odd because the complainant was someone he was in a relationship with and the other two involved are witnesses.

It's a bit odd because the complainant was someone he was in a relationship with and the other two involved are witnesses.
it is strange that makes me think it more explicit than i think. because for the girlfriend to complain that feels really bad because of course your more comfortable with them than anyone. makes me think is it a joke that she didnt think was a joke

not the most exciting couple of races in Jakarta by formula e standards over the weekend on Saturday & Sunday Morning. but it has left the championship in a very close way. 4 drivers in the mix with 5 races to go. 4 if Bird can stop crashing into his teammate. as Evans loses this title 15 or less it will be birds fault

They were some of the worst Formula E races I have watched. The track was so dusty if anyone even thought about going off-line they lost 5 seconds.

They were some of the worst Formula E races I have watched. The track was so dusty if anyone even thought about going off-line they lost 5 seconds.
yeah i was trying to think of something to sum up those 2 races & i had nothing. which is a shame as last yr it was brilliant the 3 way battle that went all the wag to final corners. i did think it wasnt great when replacement commentor ben edwards talked alot about title battle being exciting than the race. race 2 was better but still not up to the usual expectations

gen3 isnt as good as Gen2 where for racing which is a shame

Last edited:
just breaking away from glastonbury to remember that Formula E is at portland on channel 4 at 12.30am uk time (in hour & 15). on what is the indycar circuit they have used since 2018 in its modern format after a hiatus since 2007, after today its we only have the 2 final double headers rome 14/15th july & london 28th/29th July before we crown our champion. & in qualifying michael andretti got the home pole position he was craving & in that dennis has taken the championship lead.

he's looking pretty good as while he's on pole his title rivals, are wehrlein 18th, Cassidy 10th, Evans 20th & JEV 21st

interesting the new calendar has come out for Formula E, & another new circuit will be join as we go onto the the streets of tokyo, all the circuits will be returning, Jakarta is now just a single round as im guessing with the 2 Febuary dates being on the same date as this year India & south africa are back just on 100% contractual yet. but fascinated at what will be on the 25th may date, according to autosport it could be malaga which will be interesting just to see all the sunburnt british holidaymakers at the race

Formula E 2023-24 calendar
Mexico City, Mexico 13 January
Diriyah, Saudi Arabia 26 & 27 January
TBD 10 February
TBD 24 February
Sao Paulo, Brazil 16 March
Tokyo, Japan 30 March
Rome, Italy 13 & 14 April
Monte Carlo, Monaco 27 April
Berlin, Germany 11 & 12 May
TBD 25 May
Jakarta, Indonesia 8 June
Portland, USA 29 June
London, UK 20 - 21 July

forgot to say this as been busy at work since it finished early Sunday morning. interesting race in final 8 laps. Cassidy the winner coming from 10th. the driver & team has nailed the strategy they know how to progress & when to push at the end. it looks like it could be a cracking 2 horse race for the title with 1 point between Dennis & Cassidy, maybe 3 if Evans has the same form he usually has at Rome

now onto the issues i have, i think the series have to take a look at the racing, because i think either the circuit layouts need looking at & we dont have enough braking zones or the distance is a lap too long, its clear we cant be doing 56 miles. because if this was a 1 off, thats fine, the cars are still at the end of 1st season with gen 3, spending 80% of the "race" in something that more resembled at Tour de France peleton lining up for a group sprint 7 of the last 8 races with only Monaco being the expectation. as i said above all credit to Cassidy the driver & team has nailed the strategy. but when Cassidy can go from 6th to 1st in braking zone on the front straight because he braked 200m later than everyone. it does undermine any success

also the safety aspect of this, we had cars losing front wings & a rather long safety car period that was caused because of the peleton effect. i cant get any enjoyment from a race that nobody wants to win

ahead of this weekends penultimate weekend in rome, we had intresting news. Jaguar have seemingly had enough of Sam Bird. as they believe that Nick Cassidy will be partnering Mitch Evans next season. for 2nd time time moving into a seat that Sam Bird vacated after thats how he got his opportunity at envision. but the question is will he be going as the reigning champion

enjoyable race because there wasn't a peleton effect that is an unfortunate effect of these gen 3 cars. but fenestraz still felt the effects of leading too long sadly as he had 5% worse battery than those behind & went from leading with 10 laps to go to being a sitting duck in braking zones finishing 10th. but mitch evans just loves rome won in 2019, on podium in 2021, won both in 2022 & again today pole & victory it never really looked in doubt, if he can beat cassidy & dennis again tomorrow he might gatecrash this 2 horse race in london. but it is looking like cassidy's championship to lose at the moment.

terrible luck for sam bird in season of disappointing races, this wasn't his fault. came around the corner. & car bottomed out at the flat out turn 6. & once youve hit the wall you a passenger hoping to luck that you can be avoid but he pinballed into the middle of the circuit. the live onboard on board of sam bird was terrifying, it might be bad luck or other drivers quicker reactions, but i dont know how most drivers went left or right to differing successes. but mortara went straight down the middle.

1st polesitter to win a race this season & incredible effort considering he lead the majority of the race, which all season has been worst place you want to be. because you just end up with a massive energy defriect to those behind. but Dennis found a way to be quick & efficient that nobody else has.

also he must have felt like all his Christmas had come at once when this unfortunate incident happens. when his 2 title rivals were taken out through bad luck, because it was looking like cassidy's championship to lose at the moment. he was on cracking form coming into the 2nd race with 7 podiums in 10 races & looking well set for 8 in 11. & as well as dennis was driving yesterday was he beat him in jakarta a month ago but before that diryah in january

Evans says he was surprised at how much the front 2 were coasting & he locked up his brakes trying to avoid them, careering straight into & on top of the championship leader. taking both of contention of the race & maybe the title race. sport can be so cruel at times. as it will be hard to take when you lose through bad fortune

its the finale of the formula e, after the massive incident in rome, that turned the championship on its head. looking like Jake Dennis could become the 1st british champion in london this weekend. there are hundreds of permutations over the 2 races so its too many to mention. but if Dennis wins race 1 doesnt matter what Cassidy or Evans do it would be all over

1690467807535.png

1690467837777.png

congratulations to Jake Dennis although he won it the hard way, . i bet he is delighted he got it won with a race to spare because im not sure he could take the stress of tomorrow. after the attack mode not working twice during the race & fighting single handed as he felt ganged upon while his teammate is back in 14th. but all in all he kept it as calm as you could in that situation & got the 3rd that turned into 2nd with da costa penalty to secure the championship

yes he had a regeneration advantage at the start of the year. as they had such efficency but whereas Wehrlein lost his way as the season progressed. Dennis found a way to stay competitive

oh to be a fly on the wall of this conversation
Screenshot_20230730_084824_YouTube.jpg

i can understand why cassidy is furious. because what were envision were thinking. i cant figure out what they were playing at it was absoulte madness they were playing it so perfectly until somehow buemi overtook in cassidys 2nd attack mode. & in way i could blame the team for not being forceful enough but also why was buemi defending from his title chasing teammate. it was a no brainer from the team to tell buemi to let cassidy pass. but also on the otherhand there are somethings you dont need to be told

although i thought cassidy was going to get disqualified from the championship fir slapping a cameraman when he was pushing his luck a little to far. as leave the driver in peace he just lost the championship

Screenshot_20230730_090629_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230730_090806_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230730_090856_YouTube.jpg

Went to this last year and it was great day out but skipped it this year

----

I was thinking with Andretti going to F1 hopefully would they take one of their FE drivers into F1 alongside probably Colton Herta

Back
Top Bottom