Attention A warm Welcome

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Good day all.

A new season of F1 is almost upon us and over the last 12 months we've had some new members join our happy group so I thought I'd extend a warm welcome to you all on behalf of the CTA team and explain a few quirks of our site.

Every season at around this time we ask for volunteers to pick races to post what we call the PQR Thread. This is short for Practice, Qualifying and Race Discussion. It forms the discussion hub for each race weekend. Those who wish to author each thread can write about anything they like in the opening post to stimulate the initial discussion. It could be about your favourite driver or team from that country, your favourite race there or the country itself. You could go off on a massive tangent if you wish. The choice is yours. All we ask here at CTA towers is that the same title format is used for each PQR Thread.

The PQR Threads should be posted 2 or 3 days after the previous GP weekend. If you select a race weekend and later find you are unable to do it (believe it or not we all have real lives away from the keyboard) just post in this part of the site. There's always someone willing to swap or step in.

Alongside the PQR Threads we set up a pre Race Quiz, generally 10 questions relating to the forthcoming race, to get the brain working. The "How to...." for this is in the quiz area of the site but there is plenty of old hands around to guide you in the right direction.

Finally, we are a happy and welcoming forum with a clear and easy to follow set of site rules. As the site Moderator I like to keep as much of a hands off approach as possible. If I have any comments to make in the Moderator role, they will appear in Orange Text. Please accept any messages with good grace and we can all move on. Each post is judged on its own merit and no grudges are ever held.

Enjoy using CTA. We are proud of our forum which is now in its 11th year of operation. As always, if you have any comments or suggestions on how to improve the site, post them in the pit lane area of the board.

Best Regards.

CaT

Back
Top Bottom