BTCC BTCC 2011 Season

Quite how Matt Neal thought he'd come off better by throwing a punch at a man wearing a helmet I'll never know LOL

I've never understood the mentality of trying to punch a man who is wearing a helmet. And Matt Neal is recovering from a broken hand! It's a swift kick in the goolies or nothing! :)

It was a bit, quite a lot of action from the very first lap of the first race.

You might be able to watch the full races online on the ITV4 site.

Gordon Shedden and Matt Neal are tied on points, wins, second and third places.

Turned on the tv after2 laps of the 2nd race.

It's just as I remember it, bumping and boring expected, make sure that the points come out close by bumping the winner of the previous race way down the field and then giving them a ridiculous weight penalty just to ensure that they can't fight their way up.

And to think that people have actually proposed these ideas for F1 as well....

Turned on the tv after2 laps of the 2nd race.

It's just as I remember it, bumping and boring expected, make sure that the points come out close by bumping the winner of the previous race way down the field and then giving them a ridiculous weight penalty just to ensure that they can't fight their way up.

And to think that people have actually proposed these ideas for F1 as well....

But that's what BTCC is for me; cars like the ones we drive, driven the way we'd like to drive them if we could afford the law suits and repair bills.
Making ****er signs at Matt Neal Is a bonus.

Don't you just love the name of the corners at Brands?

circuit_9_st.gif

Great first race.

Shedden lost it on the grass and dropped to ninth.
Then Neal got a puncture and finished out of the points :snigger:

Edit: Puncture for Shedden too - obviously way too aggressive a set up on the Hondas.

It's drastically altered the championship battle now too.

Plato is just 6 points away from Neal and Shedden and will be starting on pole, while they will be starting much further down the field.

Interesting that so many drivers are getting warnings for driving outside the track limits in the support races (missed the first touring car race as I was still in bed). Wonder if we could invite the F1 stewards to Brands to remind them of how to apply the rule book?

Plato in the championship lead after race two. Woohoo!
Missed the lottery for the reverse grid though, so I don't know where the Hondas start the third race. One of them could still get the lead back perhaps. A good close race for the title though.
Silverstone could be a humdinger; imagine Plato & Neal together on the grid for the final race, with all still to play for.

I hope Bernie's watching this today, exciting racing at an exciting track. F1 cars at this track would just be wonderful, suspect it's not wide enough these days :(

Don't you just hate Sky.

Went out for the afternoon safe in the knowledge that the Sky series link would record the program so I could watch races 2 and 3 later...

>:(

Am I the only one who considers team mates swapping places so they can both score a point for leading a lap cheating?

Don't you just hate Sky.

Went out for the afternoon safe in the knowledge that the Sky series link would record the program so I could watch races 2 and 3 later...

>:(

Am I the only one who considers team mates swapping places so they can both score a point for leading a lap cheating?
Yes, I hate Sky (for other reasons - can't be hard to guess why) and also, I agree about the cheating thing - as Shedden (in this example) didn't lead a lap out of skill at all. I wonder why there is a point for leading a lap in the first place - surely you don't need another incentive to lead as a racing driver?

It's not cheating if it's allowed in the rules, but it does leave a somewhat nasty taste in the mouth. But for that, Shedden would now be one point behind Plato rather than level with him, going into the final meeting.

Anyway, I think I might just have to take a trip to Silverstone on the 16th.

Back
Top Bottom