2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

teabagyokel Well Button is world champion and Massa is not . Not sure how much influence Mercedes or Toto still has over the Williams team but would they be forced to run Susie in one car or another Mercedes young driver

Here's the headline according to Google Translate

Fernando Alonso and Ferrari - they are faced with one of the largest contracts in sports history.
The Spaniard has wanted to be his 33rd birthday a new three-year contract from 2017 to 2019. He wants, as BILD learned this can gild three years, calls for 35 million euros a year! This is 105 million euros, 140 million dollars in three years.

When you are better driver than the car I guess that puts you in the driving seat (pun intended) when it comes to contract negotiations.

At 40 I want it to be my 33rd birthday as well so I can sympathise with him there.

On the other hand, Jules would be a lot cheeper.

Alonso is the only good thing about Ferrari right now and he proved it last race

Well it also means Vettel would have to compromise his pwn demands or at least expect to be Alonso's teammate if it happens

I still say, Honda isn't going to be the bang on dead cert that people think it is, especially in its first season. Don't forget they are one full developmental year behind the others.
Reportedly though, Honda has still been doing F1 engine testing since their exit from F1, so they might not be as far behind as youd think.

indeed, and while things at mclaren do seem on the up, it is still a massive risk, especially to move there from one of the other big teams.

The Pits It can 't be as worse as it is at Ferrari at the moment ... low morale .. under a lot of pressure and wondering if they next will be fired ( except if you're ALonso , Mattiaci and Allison)

No one has mentioned the Haas team that might be on the grid next season and supposedly using Ferrari engines and it s two drivers could be Alexander Rossi and Danica Patrick

Great Britain has produced 10 Formula One world champions whilst the United States have only produced 2 this would suggest that either America just isn't interested In F1 or they just do not have the talent which is surprising considering the population difference between the two countries.

And by the way Great Britain tops the table of world champions by a long way the next best countries in joint second are Brasil and Finland with 3 champions each, Germany has also only produced 2 champions but they have won 11 championships between them.

So good luck to Haas finding an American champion.

Basically GB ****ing rules...

Last edited:
Both American champions, incidentally, drove dominant cars for one year before the others overtook them. They were also both crowned champions after a race in which their team-mate and only challenger crashed fatally at Monza. Both failed to add to, or get close to adding to, their sole World Title.

RasputinLives Because Adrian has got good sponsors for his f1 career

oddest choice was Williams bringing Wurz back into F1 even though he has not driven competively a full season since 2000

Heikki does not bring sponsor money

Back
Top Bottom