2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

The Lotus (if they retain that name) Mercedes seat must hold some attraction. This year's car may not be the best for a whole host of reasons but Team Enstone have made some good cars in the past. Maybe Kimi will go back...

It never ceases to amaze me how knowledgeable can some forum members be about whatever clauses drivers have on such confidential documents as cintracts when even professional journalists are left to speculate about them...:whistle:

teabagyokel

All is not rosy at Mclaren - Mansoor Oujeh has returned to active board duties at Mclaren . He's the other shareholder of Mclaren with 25% ownership who fell out with Ron over direction of the company. Ron took this moment to undergo his coup whilst he was on sick leave. So Ron's tyranny might be shortlived

Now I've just ran this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115283 through the "subtext translator" on google

And it came out as:

"I'm sorry for that little bit of trouble we had all those years ago Sir Frank, forgive and forget eh? I've moved on, and I know you have, anyhow, if Bottas does take my seat at McLaren you could do worse than signing me up, I'd work well with Massa and be a good boy and think about it, you'll be getting a former world champion with bags of experience for virtually peanuts. Yours Jenson."

He's not even subtly saying they'd be miles ahead if their drivers stopped crashing or got more out of the car.

Who is consistent and rarely collides that might just be available, hmmmmm...

That's me convinced. Button to Williams but I reckon as Massa's replacement.

No chance.

Massa isn't going anywhere yet.

If Williams can keep turning in the results and developing the car, I would imagine they would be delighted to keep both their drivers for next season.

I still say, Honda isn't going to be the bang on dead cert that people think it is, especially in its first season. Don't forget they are one full developmental year behind the others.

I'm not saying they won't come good in the long run (though the early 00's may disagree) but it could take a while. Anyone who jumps into a McLaren seat is going to have a hard time of it at the moment. It's somewhat ironic in terms of performance they seem to be swapping places with Williams at the moment.

Yeah but he's had the lions share of the issues so far this season as well. I think Bottas is the faster of the two but I don't know what Massa is bringing to the party behind the scenes in terms of development. Sometimes speed is no substitute for experience.

Massa I think brings in a lot of Brazilian sponsors and is on a 3 year contract so replacing him would mean a pay off unless there is no such clause

but then Williams would be more keen to keep hold of Bottas if there were other drivers available

FB - Are Banco do Brasil not sponsors of Nasr in GP2 as well? I wouldn't put it past them to give him a go if Bottas heads to McLaren. I don't see the point of having Massa and Button, its all a little samey, no?

Back
Top Bottom