2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Maybe Vettel or Ricciardo out. Doubt it, but I was wrong about Max. Kvyat can't get demotivated though if he has poor showings now they have other young drivers to chuck in there.

Some suggesting the reasoning behind giving him the drive is to sway him over to Red Bull over Mercedes. They both think he has the potential to be really really special.

My lad is 3 in November and does a pretty good job scooting himself around the garden in his Tiny Tikes Cozy Coupe. I wonder if he'd be in with a shout of a race seat ??

I don't think so, I think he did quite well given that he was signed as the test driver until JJ Lehto got injured, he was managed by Flavio and had to play second fiddle to Schui's title challenge. He survived getting fried in his car and various other bumps and scrapes that were mostly not his fault.

Being leant to Simtek by Flavio for 1995 didn't help and after that it was a succession of poor teams with no real chance of a top line drive.

RasputinLives cider_and_toast

I agree Daddy Verstappen was thrown in too early into F1 up against Schumacher who was mentally prepared to take on Senna ( with probably illegal aids in the car).

He was only a stand in for Lehto who really did not recover from his testing accident and lost confidence when it was a golden opportunity for him to be a front runner

Verstappen never really got going in F1 having been thrown at the deep end and then loaned to Simtek who folded. Then who drove for Arrows where he impressed but did not have the money as Tom was supposedly going to turn it into a front runner

A drive at Stewart did not work because he was No 2 to Rubens who was getting more testing opportunities (as cited by Jan Magnussen)

He drove well again in Arrows for 2000 and 2001 until he got harshly sacked right before 2002 season which lead to the demise of Arrows
-------------------------------------------------------

this is a blast from the past

Andre Lotterer touted to drive for Caterham this weekend ... last I heard about him was testing for Jaguar over 10 years ago !

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115433

a change in tone in Bouillier about Button and Magnussen

http://www.espn.co.uk/mclaren/motorsport/story/171377.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

could this mean they may get the drives for next season

Vergne says he has already spoken to other teams

http://www.espn.co.uk/tororosso/motorsport/story/171397.html

The only way I can see any sense in getting rid of JEV is if he has already been promoted to RedBull for next year.
And the only way thats going to happen is if Vettel has already signed for Ferrari.

Redbull have a knack of spotting their stars, there is no way they will fire Ricciardo and they must surely recognise JEV as a big talent.

Vettel is leaving. Its the only way this makes sense.

Edit.
JEV tweet. Sounds to me like he knows he is going to Red Bull.
Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 10.42.50.png

Last edited:
I don't think you can read too much into that tweet.

Sounds to me like it says that he is already working on finding a drive in 2015, not that he already has one.

I agree its vague but it could equally mean he is already working with Red Bull and he will certainly have more to show if thats the case. If Vettel is leaving then he will be gagged until that is announced. Which is why its cryptic.

You wonder though, if there isn't a bit of history chasing going on...

Michael Schumacher started his F1 career with a well known company who'd nonetheless not done much in F1. He won a couple of titles then left in an attempt to rebuild Ferrari with the staff that got him his success at his first team.

Ferrari are doing some serious blood-letting, and you wonder if Vettel could carry some Red Bull staff with him. Interesting if true...

Similarly, if Vettel leaves Red Bull what does he have to prove with 4 titles under his belt. If he didn't manage to win a title at Ferrari he will have done now worse than the "best driver on the grid". So Alonso to McLaren then if this all follows to (Bernie's) plan.

Somehow I can see Seb sticking it out for another season at Red Bull and then the whole game of musical chairs will start in 2016 as some of the elder statesmen leave the sport.

Adrian = Ross then?

Is this why Adrian is stepping back from frontline work for RBR? Has he already declared his intent to leave ??

Meanwhile, will this see RBR Benneton their way down for a while until they bow out, handing the team over to someone else ?? Renault to come back again, again?

As a marketing opportunity Red Bull have achieved their goal so maybe they will pull back from F1 and spend more money elsewhere to promote their product.

FYI cider_and_toast - Newey is reputed to be working on the next Americas Cup challenger. 2015 will be the last design he will lead in F1, at Red Bull at least. I suspect Seb will stay for this last hurrah.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27755688

wrong link

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/10/ben-ainslie-adrian-newey-americas-cup-sailing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom