2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

anyone think Max verstappen could replace JEV in Toro Rosso

Felipe Nasr is rumoured to be angling for a Sauber drive with backing from Bank of BRazil

Carlos Sainz Jr should be the one to replace JEV at Toro Rosso unless he messes up massivly for the rest of the season. In which case it'll fall to Gasly or Lynn.

I imagine Max will be part of the Red Bull junior team next year though.

RasputinLives Well I think there will be push back for allowing a 17 year old into F1 like they did with Sirotkin

Sainz jnr maybe farmed out to Caterham later this season before he gets the full time drive for Toro Rosso

JEV's career finished as far as I can see unless he wants to driving for one of 3 teams at the back of the grid

He already joined the Red Bull Junior Team just a few days ago. But not next year maybe 2016 or 17 for him. 97% sure we will see Sainz Jr and Kvyat in the Toro Rossos next year.

So he has! I missed that one soccerman17! I knew he'd been linked.

I'm not a massive fan of Sainz Jr because I think he's a bit of an accident magnet when he gets mid pack but there is no arguing that he's been impressive in WSR this season. He's basically doing exactly what Antonio Felix Da Costa needed to do last year.

Sainz Jr and Kvyat will be an interesting pairing as they were team mates in GP3 last year with Sainz Jr being percieved as the number one only for Kvyat to win the title and beat Sainz by quite a margin.

Can't help but feel for JEV though. I think he's currently having his best season in F1 but there appears nowhere to go for him in the Red Bull set up. His only hope was Ricciardo messing up at the senior team and that hasn't happened big stylee!

RasputinLives The brutal nature and risk of the Red Bull young driver programme is if you can't cut it then you're out and you've failed like Da Costa did last year before he even got to F1

The car's reliability issues have not helped and JEV is being asked to produce " a big result" seriously in that car which is slower than all the Mercedes powered cars and its sister team. Unless it rains he has not got a hope chance in hell

I feel JEV if Renault demand it he might be lumbered with Caterham for 2015 which would be a shame

-----------------------------------------------

More rumours that Button will quit at the end of the season having already said its F1 and nothing else and obviously Mclaren are delaying their line up hoping to cling on to getting Alonso. Button is having no intentions to quit but if he did and Ferrari manage to hold on to Alonso . Then what should Ron do then ? Surely Honda aint going to be convinced with Vandorn and Magnussen

I am perplexed at this one.

Max Verstappen does look very good as his tripple win at Spa showed but he is being out classed by Ocon in the championship and he's barely 17.

I thought the point of having a junior system was to develop the drivers. I might be proved wrong but I think it will be a mistake to chuck him into F1 straight from F3 when they could develop him for a few years.

Not to mention they have 3 drivers doing very well in their junior programme in front of Verstappen having great seasons.

Oh and not too mention poor old JEV.

Still. Its a long time until 2015. Remember when Sergy Sirotkin got announced?

So, you reckon Vettel or Ricciardo have handed in their notice, as it were?

Neither Max or Verstappen have proven to be the name of choice for an F1 driver, really...

Ferrari are still denying that either of their drivers are leaving at the end of the season which obviously is getting me thinking that Herr Vettel could be heading there which would mean a seat for one of the current Toro Rosso drivers.

Everything screams mistake and too young but so far I don't think Red Bull /STR have made many bad decisions with their lineups from the YDP.

Back
Top Bottom