2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

gethinceri All the more interesting. Regardless of whether he leaves RB or stays he's likely to be asking for a significant increase, especially if he continues to be quicker than Vettel. I wonder if he could be tempted to the second Ferrari seat... Perhaps not while the RB seems quicker. :thinking:

Hamberg saying you dislike something about someone is not the same as saying you dislike that person I don't like things about my ex wife but I still married her and there are times when Button pisses me off but I don't dislike him because of it that isn't being a hypocrite that's just being human I dislike that that you called me a hypocrite but I still reckon your okay really, nothing is as black and white as you are trying to make out.

I'm off to have a blazing row with my brother and call him all sorts of shit but I'll buy him a pint on Sunday..

Last edited:
Meph has Button got a contract for next year or not? Might as well try keep this thread on the rails.

Edit.

FB was obviously thinking the same as me!

No and to be honest I don't believe he will be with McLaren next year because I believe that Ron doesn't want him there.

Ron seems to have a love affair with Scandinavian drivers and Kmag fits the bill and he will want someone to play a number two roll to him just like DC did to MH.

Last edited:
I don't think Ron ever wanted him there Meph, for a whole host of reason. One being he might prove to be as fast as Lewis and he was Ron's protege and superstar in the making. I still have this feeling feeling either Hamilton or Alonso will be back at McLaren next year.

Strange isn't it that we still talk of McLaren as a top team when they have no title sponsor, no customer engine contract and haven't won anything in ages. Maybe 2015 will be the comeback year for them but, as Renault and Ferrari have proven, this engine formula isn't easy so how will Honda fair especially as McLaren don't appear to be able to design a decent chassis. Maybe Honda will be buying in to McLaren in the way Mercedes did and putting some cash in to he team.

Alonso to Williams is not a bad move... working with Pat Symonds again who was on the engineering team when he won his titles and who he has a lot of respect for

Certainly it helps Mercedes as well they've got two of the best drivers in their cars... and yes Santander would probably follow Alonso as well

------------------

Bill Boddy Not sure if Vergne will get promoted to RBR because he might be considered too old by then and they probably would consider Kyvat for being younger

Can't see Vettel staying .with Newey having less influence on the car design

This article from Joe Saward is pretty amazing, have you ever imagined Fernando Alonso driving for Williams next season? No doubt about it, this article worth a read.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/waiting-for-fernando/

Not beyond the real of possibility
- Merc engines
- a team led by Pat SYmonds - his old technical director at Renault
- 2nd fastest car

I do think if Williams had Alonso now he would be giving Mercedes a few concerns and sneak a win like it could have happened in Austria

Another big point would be Santander. The Spaniard Bank would love to land in Williams alongside Fernando Alonso. That would a big economical boost for Williams.

It make sense for me.

It seems as though these tales started with Dr. Marko, if so is it just a plot to offload his former protoge?

It sounds as though Hamilton is being a sky high offer from Mercedes whilst Merc have already extended Rosberg's contract. On the other hand there is always McLaren who have been improving their ca every race; unfortuantely for them so has everyone else, most of them more so than McLaren.

Back
Top Bottom