The 2013 Season

I'm sure Sir Tom is not the only celebrity to have, at some point, been to F1 for the first time. He's not even in the middle of his career yet, give him a chance!

I wonder how many "celebrities" there were at the first F1 championship race. It has been said of the Henley Regatta that if the rowing disappeared the Regatta would still carry on regardless because it is "an event". F1 is fast moving the same way.

Bushi Senna simply wanted to prove what was humanly impossible against the best... no time did Ron Dennis impose team orders on him or Prost

Yes Ferrari 2010 bent the rules but guess who was castigating them for it Christian Horner in front of the BBC... you could say Alonso got his just desserts for fluffing up the title last race
At the moment Vettel has got away with what he did

RasputinLives Bushi

Team orders - how do you make it illegal? It has been tried a few times and no one has been punished for breaking it

Disobeying team orders is usually one way of destroying the team from within itself. The team set up in F1 is flawed like DC said because your greatest enemy is your teammate but you're paid by the same team

- very few drivers have ignored team orders with their reputations in tact

- Hamilton - it was his fault HUngary 2007
- Pironi - some feel what happened to him was deserved
- Reutemann - he failed at the last race
-Mansell/ Piquet - not aware if team orders were ever given to these two and ignored but certainly Piquet came it the worse

MCLS
Red Bull complained and complained about the tyres not good enough for their cars and since the change they;ve ran away with the title now
----------------

Now everyone is saying stop booing Vettel

Il_leone what driver doesn't want to show that against the best? And at the moment Vettel is doing a pretty good job.
Do you think that had Ron given team orders to Senna not to pass Prost, he would have done it? No freaking way.

For Vettel it was payback for the things Webber did, so it's even steven now.

Bushi I think Vettel has driven Webber off the road twice one when he was not watching behind the safety car in Fuji back in 2007 and the other in Turkey 2010 when Webber was told to conserve fuel and it appears Vettel was not but then Seb accuses Webber of deliberately backing him into the Mclarens
I don't remember Webber taking off Vettel's nose ... Brazil was the nearest he got

Il_leone - You've missed a driver who very much ignores team orders repeatedly, at every instance of his ever receiving a team order, and then complains when the roles are reversed.

I hope it is obvious to whom I refer.

Il_leone We've been over Turkey already. What i can recall from Fuji was that Hamilton braked hard for a corner, which let to Webber braking hard and running beside him and than eventually Vettel smashing him. Can happen i would say, we had great drivers in the past being unaware under safety car conditions.

Team orders - how do you make it illegal?...
Not possible.

Even IF motor racing were not a business, even IF teams did not have to make a profit (or at least break even), even IF the team's management were not sometimes financially induced to ask a driver to subordinate his ambitions to the team's needs, so long as each team has only a single pit box, there forever will be instances when teams will be compelled to ask one of its drivers to give way to the other, if only because the pit crews only can service one car at a time.

In the end it's still a business and the owners have the inherent right to direct their employees in any manner they see fit, as well as to terminate the services of those who refuse to capitulate.

Didn't really know where to put this but:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/24419864

Lewis adds to the many comments made on the Alonso/Hamilton self-appreciatiom society. Those boys, and I'll chuck Kimi in the group too, could be in for a shock because whilst they seem to think it is their right to be at the front of F1 what the 2013 season has shown me is that there are a few 'none superstar' drivers who seem to have a better work ethic which may jump them past our current trio who I have to say are dissapointing me.

It is possibley because they had such instant success when they came into the sport but the monoply of the '3 aces' seems to think it is a guarentee that they are the front runners and get a little grumpy when it diesn't happen. They've already been dented by the arrival of Vettel and between digs about how its down to Newy have reluctantly let him in the club but at the moment the likes of Hulkenberg and Grosjean are looking the better bet if given the car to challenge.

I have no doubt the Lewis, Fernando and Kimi are amazing drivers but I wish they"d stop talking in the media like there is something wrong with F1 because they aren't at the front, accept the rules are the same for everyone and knuckle down with their teams and try to sort it.

cries of 'we're too talented to be fighting over 5th' are a little bit annoying when they were fighting over 5th because they were out raced by 4 drivers in front of them.

Big bunch of sour grapes for Lewis Hamilton then.

On a separate subject, are we seeing drivers lock up their tyres more now, and this season in particular, than we have in previous years?

Back
Top Bottom