Grand Prix 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

This weekend we heading to singapore, the original night race, bernie had many terrible ideas in his latter years in charge. but this was proof he still had glimpses of the old magic & id say his final great idea in charge of F1. an innovative idea that has revolutionised F1. with Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & Las Vegas all following suit, & this is 14th running which has now surpassed adelaide, estoril & equalled brands hatch in F1 races

If you're curious about how Formula 1's Net Zero 2030 plans align with the sustainability of night races, In 2022, it was disclosed that 85% of the grid's electricity consumption was carbon neutral. Renewable biodiesel powered 48% of the circuit & since the event in 2011, used cooking oil from food & drink vendors has been collected to convert into biodiesel. Following a successful trial with energy-efficient LED lights, all track lighting was replaced with LED bulbs in 2023, reducing energy usage for track lighting by approximately 1/3

A weird anomaly of the F1 calendar, there are only 3 surviving city states in the world. & F1 race in 2 of them Singapore & Monaco, It's unlikely we'll see a race in Vatican City to complete the set, but as they say, never say never. who doesn't want to see the pope waving the chequered flag

Singapore is among the 20 smallest countries in the world, with a total land area of only 682.7 square kilometres, which is the similar size as Madrid

also something to think about when you see the iconic view of the singapore flyer or the marina bay sands Hotel on the broadcast. Buildings in Singapore cannot be higher than 280 metres

1726828532156.webp

The big news coming into F1 is that we all expected this would be Riccardio ongoing Farewell to F1, in a shock twist we all expected we would be saying goodbye in Abu Dhabi. but it news is growing stronger that we maybe saying goodbye this weekend. Liam Lawson will be brought in after the autumn break when he get back going in a months time at Austin

1726828977421.webp

Last edited:
isnt that just as you get older your enthusiasm for most things wanes
Ebb's and flows maybe but not wanes as much as it has for F1. I still love and fork out to watch Football, Rugby and Cricket.

This Olympics was shite but I'll still be up for the next one.

All sports have seen changes over the years, some changes for the good and some making things worse but F1 totally arsed itself up.

This is making the rounds

Last edited:
waits for f1brits to post how amazing and exciting it was
that was a bit crap, from 1 of best races of the season to the worst for quite a while. but singapore rarely delivers interesting races. F1 season is still great as whole. to have 4 teams all capable of victory is great

congratulations to lando it made for a very dull race, but he has been in a league of his own all weekend

i dont know why they put Hamilton on the soft tyres because even if he jumped verstappen at the start he wouldve been overtaken & just made him a sitting duck on very old tyres on circuit that is 1 of the most critical for traction. i thought Lewis was 2 stopping when i saw the softs

Ebb's and flows maybe but not wanes as much as it has for F1. I still love and fork out to watch Football, Rugby and Cricket.

This Olympics was shite but I'll still be up for the next one.

All sports have seen changes over the years, some changes for the good and some making things worse but F1 totally arsed itself up.
Olympics is every 4 years, so that would be different. it could be the increase in races from 17 to 24 & 6 sprints. where we are now overloaded with F1

with the exception of 2014 2016 & half of 2018 2021, the domination we've gone through between 2011 & June 2024. has done alot of damage to F1 because there was alot of 1 horse races.

not understood Mercedes strategy for Hamilton on the softs to then go on hards

Ferrari - Leclerc will be kicking himself given the speed he had shown and Sainz binning it on his own ruined Sunday

Mclaren - Piastri - I was surprised that he was not faster after he got past Russell given his fresher tyres and the speed of the car . I was anticipating him hauling Verstappen which did not happen

Norris meant business but some close brushes

Red Bull - Verstappen salvaged from what look like a bad week and it appears Red Bull are at least back in front of Mercedes. Perez - really I think that was the constructors title gone

Mercedes -not really what happened to their pace

They were the 4th fastest team on this track

What was the point of Ricciardo going for fastest lap when he was always going to finish outside the top 10 so does not get the point?

Surely it wasn't to benefit Verstappen ...

Yeah, seen a couple of suggestions that Ricciardo's actions were in relation to his hurty feelings after being banned by McLaren.

Back
Top Bottom