Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

another new venue, another cracker of race, although like monza it was such high speed it goes by so quickly before i knew it it was 5 laps to go. overtakes for lead on seemed to happen when the safety car came out & some braked later than others. gunther got it wrong although by the time he was punished it was mute point as he had put it in the wall

but 1 that did happen not once but twice. but the winning overtake. it was incredible bravery & absolute balls of steel. to squeeze through when flat out. as that wouldve wiped both out in a huge crash. that should be a contender for overtake of the year

its formula E today. for the 1st time its racing in Brazil. & its about time theyve trying as long as FE have existed, as way back in the 1st season, the plans for a Rio de Janeiro ePrix, didn't happen due to technical issues. then 2015/16 Lucas di Grassi planned a circuit at Ibirapuera Park, but politics made it impossible. then for a 3rd time there were plans during 2017. but it was delayed & never happened

its weird hybrid circuit São Paulo E-Prix track will incorporate sections of the São Paulo Street Circuit, which was previously used in IndyCar races. & start straight being apart of the sambadrome that has 103,000 capacity that come for annual Brazilian carnival

circuit-map-saopaulo.jpeg.jpg

this is the schedule uk time
Screenshot_20230325-110622_Messenger.jpg

irritatingly but understandably its channel 4 YouTube or eurosport today. its not on proper channel 4

Last edited:
crazy what is happening with these gen 3 cars in that the 2 drivers that have been dominant this season Wehrlein & Dennis. again struggle in qualifying but seems to have great race pace. in the last 5 qualifyings Wehrlein failed to make duels 3 times & Dennis 4 times. both are yet to win a duel

its a weird one as the season still feels like its not got going into any kind of consistent form, wehrlein top by 20pts from dennis but they are by no means comfortable at the top. its more an overhanging advantage from the 1st few rounds where they found a way to conserve alot more energy than anyone else. i could still make a case for all the top 6 + mitch evans to still win the title, as jaguar may have finally unlocked the pace in that car & seem to be the only who found a way in the new car to qualify & race well as it seemingly 1 or the other

its been hard to believe we will nearly 2/3rds of the way into the season as after this double header its just
Monaco - May 6
Jakarta - June 3 & 4
Portland - June 24
Rome - July 15/16
London - July 29/30

well that was chaotic. a crazy race that felt like snakes & ladders at times. i hate to start on unpopular opinion but then you have to do these chronologically but like Brazil. final 1/3rd of the race when its 3 wide is brilliant some of the best single seater racing youll see. but 1st 2/3rds is weird one for me as im not sure if i like this. after you, no after you approach because everyone terrified to lead & you can tell through mitch evans polticial answers . is this a problem that the new cars & batteries arent as advanced as the cars. or is like F1 you can never have enough money. & FE would be doing this even with bigger batteries. & you can never have enough energy

but led to see weird racing. like snakes & ladders. as even concentrating can leave you lost. as all the 5 leaders in their desperation to force someone else to lead. had taken both attack modes by lap 5. ive no idea how by lap 13 Mortora who started 12th was leading by 1st safety car & bird who was on front row was 7th. also no idea how mortara after gaining the lead on lap 13 finished 8th & it lead to some avoidable accidents Dennis so unlucky, i hope Gunther did apologise to Dennis & Da Costa because it was terrible move into the final corner when will drivers learn dont defend into braking zone. also the incident between ticktum & Vandoorne

but when the real racing started in the final 15 (if you include added laps) it was brilliant to see evans bird & buemi fighting it out. & i like that on the grid it was buemi bird & if you switched back on for lap 39 it was still buemi bird. which wouldnt tell the story by a long shot

Well not really the logistics are hardly carbon free, but there again these demonstrators are quite happy to use clothing and any other oil derived products in their protests, what we are actually seeing is idiots that want to protest and picking any band waggon to jump on, forget all this shite about climate change as a reason. The object of the exercise is to be famous be on any media and stick two fingers up to general public.

I understood that whole of Formula E was, at a minimum, being carbon offset. Part of the reason for the extended period between the long haul races was because they moved everything by sea freight.

Anyho, both races are worth a watch. There was a bit of crash, bang, wallop, but it was more about the tactics the teams to employed.

FB - for me, the Berlin races highlighted the problem of both FE and F1 - the cars are really hamstrung, in that they could run much quicker, but then wouldn’t reach the finish…

The first 25 laps of both races was really a bit fake - as the drivers were just managing energy all the way, and no-one was willing to make a break for it, with the worry that a safety car would eliminate any lead that they built up (and the corresponding lower energy level).

The first 25 laps of both races was really a bit fake - as the drivers were just managing energy all the way, and no-one was willing to make a break for it, with the worry that a safety car would eliminate any lead that they built up (and the corresponding lower energy level).
yeah i dont like the current racing because the racing is great once it gets going but it is ridiculous this tactic where nobody wants to lead. if it that bad "for the show" just reduce the laps because if people on TV are finding it hard to follow why some who started 7th is now leading & then next lap they are 5th

Well not really the logistics are hardly carbon free, but there again these demonstrators are quite happy to use clothing and any other oil derived products in their protests, what we are actually seeing is idiots that want to protest and picking any band waggon to jump on, forget all this shite about climate change as a reason. The object of the exercise is to be famous be on any media and stick two fingers up to general public.
its nice to know that germany are having the same problems as us. but ive started to think that nobody does any research because disrupting the cleanest motorsport their supposedly is. is ridiclous

It's also helped by the fact that no one wants to lead at the beginning of the race.

iirc last years Monaco E-Prix was a snoozefest.

Back
Top Bottom