Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

whose peoples tip for the forumla e title then apparently 18 drivers are going for it mathematically. for me its 12/13 realistically

my prediction is da Costa, Frijans or Bird

what a drive from di grassi. it was tactically brilliant. patiently waited saw his opportunity took it then took attack mode got job done. yet despite being the wilderness for 2 years where before he won puebla he had only been on podium once in 16 races. & tomorrow will be the 1st time he been top group of qualifying for over a year. & yet he could be champion come tomorrow.

no idea what happened to the techeetah. looked fantastic locked out the front row & 1st 20 mins, 1-2 in the race & championship. then just fell apart finishing 6th & 7th. the championship is wide open & its going to be fascinating race tomorrow

attack mode. i quite liked you saw alot more meaningful overtakes.

well that was weird race yesterday, when your lucky is in, its in. because like i said with rosberg in 2014, its not how much bad luck you have its when you get it & ive never known a finale where championship leader has multiple rivals & by lap 3 they had have crashed out through no fault of there own & (i mean this in the nicest way) leader going into it, had won it by default. knew he was champion. i dont mean to detract from de vries. he is a great driver & had brillant start to the season. great in British round, them 2 2nds were priceless & drove well albeit under zero pressure in finale yesterday also a tremendous credit to Him considering he was handicapped all season by being in group 1. its great over achievement

that crazy start to the race we couldve lost the top 3 in championship before the 1st turn but de vries did a ocon by narrowly missing it & feel for Mortara Evans & Dennis in old its the hope that kills. because espically evans he wouldve thought he had it almost in the bag & then its over before it began

finally i know 1 person who be top of my shopping list if i have vacant seat. it would be rene rast. hugely impressed with drives through the field almost every race

Motorsport.com understands that the current options tabled are deducting less energy per neutralised period, making no reduction during a safety car deployed in the final 10 minutes or, pausing the 45-minute plus one lap race timer during the intervention and then adding that time on at the end.
The winning solution, along with alterations to the group qualifying format, will then be voted in for the 2022 season following the next FIA WMSC meeting in Paris on 15 October.
any subsequent rule change is not a direct response to controversial events in Spain but rather to reinforce the importance of energy management

Instead of qualification being based on speed, wouldn't be interesting for qualification to be based on efficiency.

The cars could have a qualifying battery pack made up of a reduced number of cells and qualification is based on furthest distance traveled.

Of course there would need to be a few rules such as minimum lap speeds / times to prevent cars driving around at 1mph

It would certainly give teams something to think about.

qualifying race is an interesting idea. my feeling is they copy the indycar style qualifying top 10 in championship go.out 1st & then bottom 10 in championship go.out 2nd. then a top 10 & a fast 6

but is there a way on.your point to reward speed & efficiency. like have 2 tenths added on to qualifying time for every % youve used for than the most efficient car

If Formula E could sell itself better, F1 would be in serious trouble. Dare I say it but the series lacks a Bernie type character who could force FE into the mainstream.

I'd be saying to the BBC for example, you either show it on a terrestrial channel, not the Red Button, or we'll take it somewhere else.

It's clear that some big names in car making are attracted to FE.

The 'Red Button' is a terrestrial Channel - 601 on Freeview.

It is currently showing MOTD: FA Cup Highlights.
The "Red Button" is a completely hidden channel that makes it incredibly difficult to find anything... (There, corrected that for you).

BBC needs to be running Formula E on either BBC1 or BBC2 (in place of one of the umpteen repeats of cash in the attic, or bargain hunt). ITV haven't been much better with their treatment of Touring Cars. Yes, they show the entire meet on ITV4, but please, for god's sake, put the main races on ITV1...

but Formula E does have great racing & now the qualifying hopefully is sorted, but motorsport season is crowded so hard to get in. i think they should also have more racing from mid January, February & March. using the Winter break to their advantage

The Artist..... i agree on BTCC. that could be huge in Britain with the right promotion all the ingredients are there

BTCC used to be huge in the 90's and on the BBC with the excitable never to be forgotten Murray Walker, and Volvo entered the T5 Estate which took huge baterings and still kept going

The story was that Volvo mistook it for the British Towing Car Championship.

GIF by Kim's Convenience

I posted ages back, ITV should show the third race live preceded by the highlights of race one and two.

Formula E would have to be shown on BBC2 because many of the races will clash with prime time Saturday viewing so there's no way the beeb would give up valuable BBC1 time.

Its not just the TV coverage problem Formula E has but it has consistently had a calendar problem. Once again we have a massive gap between round 2 (Feb 12th) and Round 3 (April 9th). Its been a problem since the series began. We are at least getting better with it now starting in January rather than October but a month and a half is too long a gap and doesn't hold public attention. Cram it together. Make it run April until Aug. Nice and short but active.

Have to say I am worried about them changing the qualifying format. The mixed up fields make for good racing. I know the drivers want it changed, the media wants it changed and there is fan support for it to change....but....as we've seen in F1 sometimes, a change forced like that actually makes the racing worse.

i agree on the 1st point, in such a congested calendar they should be making as much of "winter" as they can to get fans who like F1 to give a ago. although February is a problem as most venues are too cold in February like Canada, USA, Europe, & Korea
start of Calendar should've been
Saudi Arabia 15th & 16th January
Jakarta 28th January
Mexico 11th February
Rome 12th & 13th March
Berlin 26th & 27th March
London 16th April & 17th April

this way you have 10 races while everyone is off or just starting

i agree you want to keep the series close but the qualifying was punishing success far too much. at many races you couldve had the best car & best driver but would have no chance of qualifying in the top 10 . which meant you never knew who was winning on merit & who was winning because theyve been dreadful in every other round. & what is sport if it isnt best against the best.

Back
Top Bottom