Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
i agree on that about de vries, mercedes have been very disapointing, looked so strong at the start. disappeared without a trace. but i guess that racing drivers love an excuse & that qualifying system does give drivers a perfect excuse for that

because the stats are there. (discounted Valencia as it was chaos) out of 9 races only twice has a driver made superpole from group 1 (monaco friyns, evans & NYC 2 evans) & only 3 times have they made the podium (Rome 1 Bird, Evans, Monaco friyns, evans, & NYC 2 Da Costa)

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
I sort of agree about the criticism of the quali format. Kind of. I think the closeness of the cars and drivers makes it seem more of a problem than it is. If they ran the same system in F1 would we really not get Hamilton and Verstappen at the front? I doubt it.

I think it's all part and parcel of Formula E. You have to take your wins when you get them and then work to stay in the title fight. I dunno. Maybe it's me, but as I've said before I think the format is what makes Formula E interesting. You never know who is going to be fighting at the front from week to week. I never would have called Cassidy being so much in the action or Envision being the team to lead the drivers championship.

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
its working out for bird as too often he starts well & falls apart. this time its the season in reverse. i think it wouldnt make much difference as they did in 2004 but Schumacher took 4 of 1st 5 poles & most dominant year

but i like the identical cars. as most of best series have them but ill like to see them try it for a season maybe 2 12's like in indycar

Top Bottom