Mark Webber

I'm a little puzzled as to why Webber doesn't have a page in the teams and drivers section, as Webber is a pivotal figure in the story upfront. There are questions that need to be asked. Why can Vettel win, and Webber struggle to get on the podium fighting Ferraris and McLarens? Why is the man that was noted as a good qualifier unable to get near Vettel? Did the leg break in late 2008 do him serious performance damage? and What should Webber do in the near future?

Mark Webber. Over to you...

I am not sure what actual difference this will make, regardless of who is or is not defending him.

It may make his life a little more awkward than normal, but speaking honestly, does anyone think that this will change the way the team approaches a race weekend? other than double checking the remote kill switch they have in Mark's car?

I do not see Vettel suddenly being told to let Mark through, likewise I do not see the team rallying behind Mark's WDC challenge, unless the team dynamic is threatening the WCC, which I doubt.

So, unless the team are bent on proving to Seb that no one is bigger than the team, I get the feeling that there will be little consequence for Seb in the longer term, until he is looking for employment elsewhere. To be honest, Frank Williams made mistakes for similar reasons, but maybe Red Bull line up a new challenger, and Seb is hung out to dry?

Who knows, but I think this season will follow similar patterns regards Red Bull

But will Mark back off before it gets too stupid next time, or allow the following teammate the potential undercut on the final pitstop as with both races to date this season? (OK, not 100% sure it was the final stop in Melborne where Seb got the undercut and passed Mark)

I guess Contracts and Race Engineer relationships will get closely scrutinized before China

It seems that Mark's time at Red Bull has gone from bad to worse. He starts from the back of the grid tomorrow because of the fuel problem. I wonder if he will take a deep breath and put it down to bad luck or dwell on the possibility that some things may not be coincidental. Field day for the tin hat brigade, methinks:thinking:

Sometimes one just can't win.:(

Three weeks of left over anger and immediate disappointment can't be an easy mix to deal with. He'll have some fun tomorrow dispatching the slow chaps but I fear he will have a hard time with the top ten qualifiers. If his head isn't in a good place anything can happen. I just hope aerobatics aren't part of his act. Having said that it's a wide track and those long straights will be a blessing. Whilst I wish him luck I can't shake off the feeling of dread.

But maybe that's just my hair talking.:D

If they are deliberately sabotaging one driver who isn't going be there next season when this early on in the season, then it would make more sense to put in their 3rd driver (Buemi or not).

I'm gonna say it here first. I think the Webber/JEV incident was Mr Webbers fault.

Think JEV just kept his line and Mark started the move to late. Think Webber expected the Torro Rosso to jump out the way for him.

I'm pretty sure Webber will see it differently but he might surprise me.

That's not funny Kewee.

Somehow his plane will be delayed or he will meet with terrorists on the way into the circuit:D

All joking aside, I have huge sympathy for Mark. If it is purely bad luck, then someone really doesn't like him.

It's entirely consistent with the rest of his career to date.

If Porsche are after him for their sportscar programme that should provide an ego boost. They'll pretty much have their pick of drivers.

Jen......I too have huge sympathy for Mark Webber, he just seems to have a multitude of unfortunate incidents. I struggle to believe it's bad luck and coincidence, but in saying that I don't believe any ill doing would involve Christian Horner. He and Mark Webber are close away from F1. They have a working collaboration in GP3. Webber sources talent who then drive for Arden Motorsport which is owned by Christian Horner and his father. In the case of GP3 the team is called MW Arden, the MW being Webber's initials obviously. Whether there's a business partnership I don't know, though I could get that information but it's none of my business and not relevant. Webbers most successful prodigy to date is Richie Evans who started with MW Arden GP3 and of course has now moved to Arden GP2. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Christian Horner has the control he should have within Red Bull and whether there are others in the team who are undermining Webber without his knowledge.

Word is that Porsche have tagged him on a 5yr deal to lead their reintroduction into WEC ... Endurance ... Le Mans ... 12hr races .... 24hr races .... ironically where development and new idea's and design thrive...

China was a rather large disappointment... and but for him sticking his nose into Vergne's backside, not through his doing...

If he truly has signed for Porsche for 2014+ then it should free him up to just race his knackers off for the remainder of the season...

Back
Top Bottom