Mark Webber

I'm a little puzzled as to why Webber doesn't have a page in the teams and drivers section, as Webber is a pivotal figure in the story upfront. There are questions that need to be asked. Why can Vettel win, and Webber struggle to get on the podium fighting Ferraris and McLarens? Why is the man that was noted as a good qualifier unable to get near Vettel? Did the leg break in late 2008 do him serious performance damage? and What should Webber do in the near future?

Mark Webber. Over to you...

Which I don't think is the case with Mark, do you Jen? Unless his spirit is completely broken, in which case he should give up the seat for Ricciardo.

I'm not defending Webber, although I do like him, and wouldn't like to comment on his state of mind, not being privy to any of his personal communications. Merely pointing up the difference in reaction depending on the driver(s) involved.

It is possible that he is 'completely broken' but it is unlikely that we would see it and I do remember posting that Massa should move over for another driver whilst he was not on his 'top form'.

I do feel that when he is doing a stonking job, the team should not have pulled rank so early in the season - even the most bellicose would lose faith in their backing and, as a consequence, in their own form.

With Felix Da Costa misfiring at the moment the only youth potentials they really have are JEV and Ricciardo so watch those two drive the wheels off.

Most people think Kimi which would make sense. I have a pit of my stomach feeling on Rosberg though.

Well finally that has shot the fox... I think Kimi Raikkonen is in pole position given he is a world champion although Helmut would be doing his hardest to push one of the TR drivers

The Pits

Rosberg is a contender to replace Webber I agree he is suppose to be one controlling the driver's market looks like Webber has trumped him before being finally pushed

The question remains will Mark race for his own glory or help Seb from now on I think the former would be better than the latter

A little sad to see him leave like this, if I'm honest - I do enjoy his pithy colonialisms when talking to the press. He did an awful lot to try and dispel the "if he didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all" aura that followed him from Jaguar through Williams, but ultimately he never seemed to get a decent lick of the lolly when he had the equipment to really challenge.

It will be interesting to see which way Red Bull jump when it comes to his replacement though - if they go for Kimi, they are effectively telling Vettel that he's not the undisputed no.1 (as Malaysia clearly told us he thinks he is), or do they finally promote one of the Toro Rosso guys to be Seb's poodle? I have a sneaking feeling that Adrian Newey might fancy having Raikkonen in one of his cars again, but I suppose it all depends on whether Helmut & Seb are comfortable having such a strong teammate...

A-typical Webber ... leaving on his terms ... not holding on to a drive at a failing Williams or Sauber until even the Aussies start asking when is he going to put away his driving gloves ...

F1 will be poorer without him ... Alonso will be completely friendless ... some of our fellow denizens within the electronic confines of CTA will have an indescribable feeling of something missing ... an avenue for venting will have been removed ... unless poor old Massa stays on at Ferrari in 2014 ...

Mark does things on his own terms? Seems to be doing things on Sebs terms to me.

I don't wish anyone any ill but will F1 be a poorer sport without him? Nope. Not gonna miss him. Sorry.

Just goes to show that there's no smoke without fire when it comes to drivers "visiting" another team's headquarters, be it rival F1 teams or teams in other disciplines. Same as with Button "visiting" McLaren's headquarters at the end of 2009.
Drivers don't visit other teams' headquarters just to say "how are you guys doing then?"

RasputinLives ... ah ... how is it not on his terms since he has announced he is leaving ... and not RBR saying he is not coming back ... or that he won't be considered ?

Once Seb showed in the most blatant and visible manner that the teams 'racing' rules do not apply to him, then MW was always a favourite to move on (you could argue that MW has done the same thing ... but his actions NEVER changed the teams preferred result ... only added to the ankle tapping of Horner and the face palms of Newey)...

He has consistently said during his stint at RBR that so long as he feels is getting an equal shake he will continue... if Seb had had his way then MW would have been gone after their tet-a-tet in Turkey in 2010 ... or at the end of 2010 ... so no, not on Seb's terms ... MW has always had a great relationship with Mr D at RBR ... who ultimately decides who he pays the money too ... and the pairing has delivered the WCC for the last three seasons ... which equals BIG BUCKS ... it is a team sport ...

You said Webber always does things on his own terms. He doesn't, he's always made out he's big and tough but rolls over and plays dead by Red Bull everytime he's asked too.

As for Seb wanting him out of the team. Why on earth would Vettel want to kick out a team mate who he beats and every turn?

I'm sorry but Webber's results compared to Vettels have been poor. He's been soundly beaten and is leaving with his tail between his legs. Yes Massa's results have been awful but at least he has pass success to fall back on.

I just don't buy this strong proud thing. He's towed the corporate line and blamed every error he's ever made on someone else. Sorry, don't rate him.

At last.
Glad to hear he has left Formula One and joined the WEC.:)

RasputinLives
Yes Massa's results have been awful but at least he has pass success to fall back on.

He hasn't had more success than Webber, I believe, has he ever won a world championship, No.
How many constructors titles has Webber won with a team? 3, after this season he will probably be adding a further one to his name. Massa has only won it twice.
Massa hasn't won a grand prix since 2008. During his stint with Alonso he has only finished on the podium seven times, whilst Alonso has won 11 grand prix.
Webber has consistently one at least one grand prix per year since 2009.

Back
Top Bottom