Grand Prix 2024 Monaco Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

i know its derided as a circuit & people say that F1 has outgrown Monaco. & yes the race can be processional. but i still love monaco because when you think of the location, the views, the corners, Mirabeau, Tabac, Piscine, lowes hairpin, Tunnel, Portier, the boats in the harbour just bring a smile to my face. & the history theyve been racing around these streets since 1929. this is the best qualifying of the season because i love to see the best drivers in the world pushing to themselves to the limits they arent pushed to any other time of the season. For me, there are three races in Formula 1 that you'd want to win in your career: your home Grand Prix, the Monaco GP, and, if you're fortunate, winning at Monza for Ferrari. These are the races that feel like more than just a victory.

I understand it has its imperfections, but the glamour of Monaco is what all new locations, such as Singapore, Baku & in particular Las Vegas aspire to emulate when they join the F1 calendar. but struggle to be. because you cant buy history & heritage. to lose monaco i think you lose that something special, because do we want to go to just places like Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Miami
monaco 3.jpg

monaco 1.jpg

& quite an exiting livery to honour Ayrton Senna on mclarens this weekend

1716416959883.png

Last edited:
leclerc looks so good around this circuit, is this finally his time considering he shouldve have won 3 times of the last 6 visits

There have been 19 practice sessions this season (most cars didn't run in Japan P2 because of the weather) and Verstappen has only topped the time sheets in 5 of them. His average finishing position in free practice is between 3rd and 4th and yet he has a 100 percent pole record so far this season.

It's clear to me that RBR concentrate more on race pace than qually set ups because they know they have a quick car in qualifying trim anyway.

The only slight indication that Red Bull are slipping is that in the last six practice sessions Verstappen has finished 5th, 7th, 6th, 11th, 4th and 2nd. This suggests to me that they are having to work harder to find the cars sweet spot.

i wonder if your perez or alonso wether you pit on lap 2 stick on the hard tyre & go to the end. because it might be the only way you get points as you would at some point like lap 25-30 you would close back up to where you wouldve been & theyve got to pit & get out the way. may even cycle somewhat to the front if you get a good timed safety car

what a lap from leclerc, looked impressive all weekend & hopefully 4th time lucky to win around monaco gp & at worst be the 1st monasque on the podium since 2nd ever race in 1950

who thought this was a good idea both starting at 3pm. F1 & the FA need to chat to each other. Monaco gp should start at 2pm. idiots. & this was my view. trying to juggle to 2 of the biggest events simultaneously

20240525_150208.jpg

----------------------------------------------

So we have an interesting grid, shame I won't be watching live but at least I can FF through the procession when I get home.

There have been 19 practice sessions this season (most cars didn't run in Japan P2 because of the weather) and Verstappen has only topped the time sheets in 5 of them. His average finishing position in free practice is between 3rd and 4th and yet he has a 100 percent pole record so far this season.

It's clear to me that RBR concentrate more on race pace than qually set ups because they know they have a quick car in qualifying trim anyway.

The only slight indication that Red Bull are slipping is that in the last six practice sessions Verstappen has finished 5th, 7th, 6th, 11th, 4th and 2nd. This suggests to me that they are having to work harder to find the cars sweet spot.
It feels like the Newey factor is beginning to show more in Perez than Verstappen as the car is losing competitiveness

Wow!! What a race!!! I think there were at least 2 overtakes!! It was so exciting, I need a lie down!!

Once again, the stewards have made some odd decisions. Why was Sainz put back into 3rd on the grid? The only car that hasn’t got through the first timing sector by the time the red flag came out was Sainz; he should have started dead last.

Haven't seen the race as I've been out but I've just seen the top 10 finished in exactly the same order they qualified.

This tells me two things, 1) I don't need to see the race and 2) Sky described this race as one of the greatest Monaco GPs ever.

I actually took a positive from this race. With the crash that Perez had and the step that McLaren and Ferrari have taken, the Constructors title is maybe not a foregone conclusion. Thus RedBull won’t be able to get a head start on next years car, as they’ll have to concentrate more resources to a championship battle. Maybe then we’ll get an even more competitive 2025.

Back
Top Bottom