BTCC BTCC 2011 Season

I don't blame Plato really. It must be really horrible to bust your balls like he does, only to be blasted on eevery straight. A couple of his retirements this year are due to punctures while riding over kerbs trying to make up the lost time

Yes, but Harvey made the good point that it's not all the turbo cars that have been sailing past, really only (or mainly) the Hondas. So what does Plato want, for the organisers to keep reducing the power of all the turbo cars until his car is the fastest?

Yes, but Harvey made the good point that it's not all the turbo cars that have been sailing past, really only (or mainly) the Hondas. So what does Plato want, for the organisers to keep reducing the power of all the turbo cars until his car is the fastest?

I see what you mean, the Honda does seem to be able to breeze past pretty much everything, other turbo cars included. It's a tough situation, one in which you'll never please everyone. Maybe they should make it turbo only from next year to redress the balance? I'm not sure

I believe they are now looking at the whole issue of turbo/naturally aspirated engine parity for next season. I suppose the original idea was always for a transition to all turbos eventually anyway.

I see what you mean, the Honda does seem to be able to breeze past pretty much everything, other turbo cars included. It's a tough situation, one in which you'll never please everyone. Maybe they should make it turbo only from next year to redress the balance? I'm not sure

So a bit like DRS in F1 then...;)

ROFL

That is brilliant!!! Best thing I've seen all year. Nothing to add from me, let's see how der Fuhrer gets on on Sunday.

I have to admit im getting fed up with this equlaization nonsense*

I agree tottally with this and it seems to me that Honda have built a good car on its own merit. Now i know its not all completly black and white and if one car dominates, others tend to throw money at the problem, budgets go up and for a series like the BTCC grid sizes go down (ala late 90's early 00's super-touring era) but its not a one make series. Its about the skill of making car as well as the skill of driving one. And if Plato doesn't like it he should retire or move on to another championship (Theres even a great one on BTCC package, Jason, you could drive in). And if Alan Gow doesn't like it he should bite the bullet get a car company to bulid cars to order and make it a one make series.

Im really fed up with this bull from Plato and he should stop whinging about it.

*insert appropiate swear word to feel bloody annoyed i am about this.

That was a very entertaining first race. Brilliant drive by Jackson. I've never seen such a messy line up on the grid like the one I saw for the Ginetta Junior race.

Neal does seem to be doing a Vettel..

Its shocking to watch the speed difference on the straights, there is simply no competition there as even if another car gets a better line into and out of the corner, the Hondas will just breeze past them gain anyway.

Bloody Turbo Chumps Championship..

An interesting ploy by Plato to try and let the slick-shod Jackson through in race 1 without putting up a fight, in the hope he might take points off Neal. Almost worked too, except that Jackson was apparently a bit cautious and didn't accept the first invite past.

My niece has been round for sunday lunch and to watch the BTCC - she's 2 and asked who is in the blue car when told she repeated the name.......ad anifinitum, so we drew a picture on the computer.

potato.jpg

Jason Potato LOL

Back
Top Bottom