Grand Prix 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

I find it hard that Merc are going to let Lewis and Nico race. With so much information given by the team and telling the drivers how much fuel to save they are in control of their drivers speed. At best they will have a few laps of proper racing without interference before tyre/fuel management kicks in.

ok, so do I get to claim the prediction fail of the year? :oops:

Oh how badly I want to go back through here and dig up posts about how the race is going to be shit. It was brilliant, and to be honest the track layout has always been good except for the one year where they used the Endurance Circuit. The only problem has been a complete lack of atmosphere and the night race helped cure some of that.

Some funny radio messages today. JEV calling one of the Lotus drivers "MENTOL". Williams pitwall asking Bottas to clarify whether he got pushed off the the track by Ricciardo so they can tell headmaster Charlie.

Even with the night running its still very little atmosphere compared to UK, IT or Monaco GP's.....the simple fact is you can't generate atmosphere without tens of thousands of serious motorsport fans (not just a few inquisitive locals)...

Max Chilton meets a racing driver.

1010213_627191300670028_9100484753330544089_n.jpg

Greenlantern101 Tuscan1969
Why does it matter how many people there are in the grandstands? Countries don't just magically get an f1 heritage; it takes time- in some countries it becomes massively popular, in others it dies a death! However, as long as we want f1 to survive, it does it good to go to rich countries who are willing to pay huge amounts to the teams! Let's face it, how many teams would have gone under had it not been for Bernie's negotiated handouts?

Greenlantern101 Tuscan1969
Why does it matter how many people there are in the grandstands? Countries don't just magically get an f1 heritage; it takes time- in some countries it becomes massively popular, in others it dies a death! However, as long as we want f1 to survive, it does it good to go to rich countries who are willing to pay huge amounts to the teams! Let's face it, how many teams would have gone under had it not been for Bernie's negotiated handouts?

Yeah I don't understand the argument either. F1 is not like football where fan attendance is critical to the show. Televised coverage is where Bernie makes up the shortfall and the reason F1 has the biggest cumulative television audience in sports.

Can I be first to say (on here at least) Pastor Maldonado you ****ing twat
We will need to have a look again at what happened as Esteban seemed to be off his line coming into Turn 1 - maybe he missed his braking point, I don't know – and by then I was in the corner with nowhere to go. For sure it's difficult to understand and I was coming out from the pits and with cold tyres. I think he was very unlucky and it’s good he jumped straight out of the car

I think it does matter how many people attend the race because if say Bahrain was dropped and Turkey put back on the calender then the stands would be full and so in essence there is a country where between 80, and 100 thousand fans are being deprived of seeing a race live in favour of half a dozen in another country...

Last edited:
That statement is shocking from him. Gutierrez was clearly in front and on the racing line. Just minding his own business when some fool on cold tyres forgets to brake and on a line that was never going to take the corner.

Cold tyres is not an excuse for ploughing into someone. He's not a rookie anymore and should know better. And he didn't jump straight out of the car, it was some time before he safely emerged.

Back
Top Bottom