Grand Prix 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

There was a battle for the lead before the safety car. The split strategies meant that there was going to be an interesting finish, the SC just brought that finishing battle closer and yeah it made it exciting but that's F1.

Not at all, I really enjoyed Ricciardo showing what a real driver can do in the other Red Bull, I'm just not going to get too excited by the Mercs romping off into the distance unless they end up wheel to wheel at every race.

FB that's just unrealistic though. How is this not an improvement from 1 driver dominating. I agree about the 2nd driver in the Red Bull though. Vettel is obviously super-quick, but being half a second behind anyone is the definition of a poor driver.

PS How unsettling will this be for Seb - Daniel out qualifies him and despite starting behind due to the penalty he passes him in the race.... We'll start to see what he's made of in the next few races but I have to say I am very impressed with DR so far (I thought RBR had brought in a willing Number 2)

I think Ricciardo actually had a great situation coming into this season, because let's face it, Mark Webber was just very slow in his final 2-3 seasons, so Ricciardo is unlikely to do much worse.

People like to sweep it under the carpet because Mark is a nice guy, but he clearly lost his speed from 2011 onwards.

Ricciardo race pace looked a bit suspect coming from TR as be regularly out qualified Vergne only to follow him in the race but he's really raised his game. The last 4years would've been a bit different if Redbull had a similar match-up like Mercs have now.

Are the drivers who pushed cars off the track on the straights going to be investigated for not leaving a cars width? F1 really needs to be more consistent.

Fantastic race....battles all over the damn place, at the front, midfield, amongst team-mates, and awfully good to see the rollbar doing it's job.

Back
Top Bottom