2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

I think Ricciardo is the hot property if his contract expires at the end of this season; Ferrari and Mclaren will be very keen to have him, I'm sure. Other key personnel on teams' wish lists will be Kvyat and Bottas who, if they're available would make very attractive propositions to teams with space for a No2 driver (Ferrari? McLaren? Red Bull?).
Button's less of a player here, although he is a lovely boy.

Mercedes - no change both under contract and with the fastest car so why swap

Red Bull - no change - Ricciardo impresses and Vettel has very little options that would have been better than RB

Ferrari - Alonso and Hulkenberg - I think Nando is up for one more go before he considers the jump unless he falls out with Luca like Prost did with previous regime

Hulkenberg for KR - I am sure someone at Maranello is not impressed with his performances with the money paid for him

Mclaren - JB and K Mag - Can't see Mclaren changing the line up unless its one of the top 3 who have a fall out with their teams

Force India - Perez because of the money he brings and Jundaciala to keep Mercedes sweet

Lotus - Grosjean and Vergne. Time to get rid of Pastor

Sauber - Bianchi and Sirotkin -

As part of the Ferrari development Jules will move to Sauber

Sirotkin as part of the Russian movement

Toro Rosso - Kyvat and the next RB junior driver

Caterham - Sutil and Erikson

Marussia - Chilton and another Ferrari driver

I really hope for next year we can flush away the turds called Maldonado, Guteirez, and Sutil.
Time to give some champions from the lower formula a chance. Drivers with actual talent.

F1Yorkshire, one can be a good test driver without having the skills to be a racing driver. Perhaps someone will realise this?

It is also possible for the reverse to be true. I can think of more than one WDC that were reputed to be hopeless at testing.

I suspect that both JB and KR will be gone next season, leaving only FA of the "geriatric three" who are doing nothing but getting slower each year. FA will be gone when his Red Menace contract is up. It is time for an infusion of fresh young talent.

Maybe, but you do know you disrespected three world champions and the most successful formula one team in F1 history in a single sentence, not to mention that Damon Hill wasn't very much younger than them before he even entered formula one and he got one WDC when he was 36 and really should have been a double world champion by rights, plus Schumacher gained a world championship when he was older than all of them.

In my opinion writing them off as geriatrics is a massive insult, they have earned their seats in F1 and shouldn't be cast aside like yesterdays rubbish.

Also where is the evidence that they are getting slower year by year? The only one of the three you mention who is getting beaten by his teammate is Kimi but then he is in the same team as Alonso, as for Button none of the so called young talent can even touch him on speed and race craft, as has been proven over the last one and a half years..

Last edited:
So, are you saying that F1 drivers are magically exempted from basic biological laws? If so, isn't it "disrespecting" Jacques Villeneuve, Damon Hill, John Surtees and Sir Jackie Stewart to not be offering them drives? And, since Ferrari have two of the oldest drivers in F1, how can you be so sure that their performance can be placed entirely on the car? Ferrari has been in decline since FA joined. Is that coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

There is a reason you don't see very many old fighter pilots. As I recall, Germany requires theirs to retire from the cockpit by age 39. Why? Because their reflexes are slowing down. Biological fact.

So, are you saying that F1 drivers are magically exempted from basic biological laws? If so, isn't it "disrespecting" Jacques Villeneuve, Damon Hill, John Surtees and Sir Jackie Stewart to not be offering them drives? And, since Ferrari have two of the oldest drivers in F1, how can you be so sure that their performance can be placed entirely on the car? Ferrari has been in decline since FA joined. Is that coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

There is a reason you don't see very many old fighter pilots. As I recall, Germany requires theirs to retire from the cockpit by age 39. Why? Because their reflexes are slowing down. Biological fact.

Ferrari's more to do with the fact Luca is back at the helm and they let people like Todt, and Brawn go. Plus the fact they can't throw money and simply test and their wind tunnel was found to be out of date. Off course when you have unlimited testing with two test drivers and a No 2 for Schumacher ...it is easy to see why he was so dominant

Alonso has finished 2nd 3 times in an inferior car to Vettel's Red Bull and people still call him the best all round driver on the grid . I don't have the same view about Raikkonen as he's proven to be a waste of money for Ferrari

:givemestrength::crazy::s:bangfists::rolleyes:

I guess it means Grosjean may find himself without a seat in F1 if Lopez wants to please Mercedes with a Merc backed driver or German driver

Merc engines should push the team forward ahead of Sauber but not sure if they can beat Force India with the money issues they have

I wish Lopes and his Genii crones would just :censored: off and let him some proper F1 people run the team

Interesting comment from Lauda. Looks like Alonso can't buy his way out unless Ferrari agree. Assuming Lauda is correct.

"Alonso is very frustrated because for years he is driving a car that does not work.
"Right now he cannot go to McLaren because he has a contract. If you have a contract with Ferrari you cannot leave unless they allow you."

Back
Top Bottom