Poll Should Button now take a supporting role to Hamilton

Should Jenson now Support Hamiltons Championship hopes.

• Yes

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters
That's very emotive langauge to say that it is a personal attack from Gary Anderson. I don't see it as any such thing. I think he's making a comment that has been widely noted by most motorsport journalists as far back as the middle of last season.

It's as personal as it gets as far as I can see it and I don't know what comment by most motorsport journalists you're referring to. Not that his personal problems are not well documented. A solid drive under tricky circumstances but let's be honest Hamilton is doomed when he does doomed when he doesn't.

Nothing annoys me more than someone taking a piece of text or a sound bite and using it completely out of context the press do it all the time, it doesn't take much effort to take what someone says and edit it to make it sound the exact opposite of whet meant...

Nothing annoys me more than someone who jumps on a bandwagon.

Has to be asked though, will McLaren continue to support Hamilton's increasingly unlikely championship hopes now that he's officially leaving?

I always got the impression from McLaren that after the Constructors title they feel it's more important to win races over winning the Driver's title. So I think they'll keep pushing for either driver to win the remaining races, but not specifically for Hamilton to win the WDC.

The next two monts are going to be some of the hardest of Hamilton's career. He will find himself out of any involvement with the 2013 car obviously and I'd imagine that his mechanics will start to involve him less and less in the buisness of the team. I'm not saying for one second that they will do anything to harm his race chances but there will be an inevitable "after the party" feeling that will get worse until he empties his locker and walks out of the door. The same thing will be happening to Perez at Sauber however I don't think it will be as bad because Sauber need strong results for the team. If Hamilton can sustain a title challenge now then it will show a great deal of mental strength in the face of his situation within the team. I can't imagine that Button would now feel oblidged to support Hamilton and I agree that the most likely outcome is a constructors title but not the WDC for the team.

In fact, I can see McLaren throwing everything they have behind Button's mission impossible for the championship now.... Whilst Hamilton won't be asked to move over (There's no reason that he would obey), I can foresee a case where all the engineers focus on a set-up for JB, and LH acts in a supporting role to that setup work! Certainly, I can't imagine LH will get any time on the simulator - nor will he get much/any access to the design team for 2013....

Back
Top Bottom