Poll Was Hamilton right to not yield to Rosberg?

Was Hamilton right to not yield to Rosberg?

• Yes

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
We've got to somehow drag it out for another 3 weeks and 3 days.

It's a bit like waiting for the next season of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. Seguing neatly, I'll let you in on something that may make you chuckle. After GOT finished I turned to my wife and said "What are we going to do while we're waiting for The Walking Dead to start?" She gave me a funny a look and pointed at her distended belly. "We're having another baby, mate.", she said glaring at me. "Ah, yes, that'll be it" I replied. Cost me a cuppa and a back rub, that did. :whistle:

Last edited:
Im still laughing at the Lewis fans who are whining about some German favoritism towards Rossberg but overlook that Lewis practically ran Rossberg off the track in Hungary.
Not saying Lewis was wrong and Id probably have done the same at that point but some people act like Rossberg is a jerk and Lewis is just this sweet little guy. Social media has been HIGHLY entertaining lately.

I think they'd point at the interview where Rosberg himself stated that it was OK...

Post-comment edit: IMO neither Rosberg or Hamilton are jerks or angels, just so we're clear. Rosberg would likely have shut the door in just the same way as Hamilton did, though. The villain, if we have to have one, is whoever failed to think through the orders.

Last edited:
Consider this:

Rosberg was matching Hamilton's pace but not quicker than him so if Hamilton had have let him through we can assume he would not have been able to pull away, Rosberg would of had to pit anyway and so would have been the same distance behind Hamilton all bar a few seconds as he was in the real world therefore the result of the race would have been the same whether Hamilton let him past or not which makes the whole question of should he or shouldn't he moot especially as Hamilton couldn't get past Alonso in the scenario where he didn't let Rosberg past...

He finished that close but he couldn't get past him with several laps of trying just like Hamilton couldn't get past Alonso, by my reckoning Rosberg would have caught the group less than a lap sooner if he had been allowed past..

A valid command was sent to an employee by his manager. The employee refused to comply with the order. Was he right to refuse to comply with the order? Only when drivers own the cars which they race.

To be perfectly honest if the team had pitted Rosberg the moment he caught Hamilton instead of asking Lewis to move over then Rosberg would have beaten Hamilton and probably got past Alonso as well for second place...

It certainly seems to have been a tough day for the leadership, plenty of options to get it right and none chosen. Perhaps not failing is better than not succeeding?

Rosberg did catch Hamilton otherwise this discussion would not be taking place. The team appeared to have then decided that the best option for the team was for Hamilton to let Rosberg pass, this was a perfectly valid decision from their point of view.

It seems that we have a different interpretation of "catch". Rosberg was a second away from Hamilton and couldn't get closer.

How do you know that Rosberg couldn't get closer? he quite possibly decided that it was not the time to get into a competition which would in the end serve neither driver. Anyway, what happened after the valid command was given is no more than a red herring. The command was decided by the team which makes it valid. The fact that people on here and elsewhere did not like it is neither here nor there.

Back
Top Bottom