Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Yep, that was a terrific race.

I looked into going to Monaco last year - astonished by the cheap grandstand tickets - but figured that by the time you factor in the £34 sandwiches it'd probably work out quite pricey.

very enjoyable grand prix. plenty happening, couldn't watch it live as I was on coach back from emirates on saturday. so got this watched this morning. but as i say good race but some of driving standards did leave alot to be desired. shortcut turn 1 so much the paint was brought up. the overtakes were more like dodgems, with so many crashes it no surprise we so many mechanical retirements. the tactics at penultimate hairpin. were use the car in front to brake then force it to a standstill or put it in wall

thats why im glad da costa didn't win, because yes great drive 10th to the lead. but it wasn't right how he got the lead after making mortara retire from 4th through crash damage. (even if what goes around came around for mortara as discussed later) & techeetah had a bad day all round on for great result but the strategy team was ridiculous JEV should've come straight in ruined the tyre & held the teammate up in bodywork rubbing. then team lost the win. da costa worried were spot on as they lied about battery temperatures when he asked & then gets the lead & is cost the win because he has no speed. because the team then say actually you were correct our battery is in a terrible state. couldnt run a .... up in a brewery. not what you expect from reigning 2x champions

but battery temps were an issue 4th - 12th were on 0% as they came across the line. interesting from dario the cider_and_toast jaguar axe seems still in the aur the way the talking about the pole saving the project. di grassi brilliant drive 22nd - 7th. if he could qualify he would be dangerous because ge seems to be constantly coming through the field. interesting to see massa firing at mortara & mortara firing back at venturi

very surprised to see vandoorne at the top but I would say da costa got to be favourite for victory or championship lead next time

probably the correct decision. but as we know F1 doesnt want to call any gp off lets not forget they shouldve called Bahrain GP off that 2nd yr in a row but risked the team safety

It's Mexico this weekend. That's the not a street circuit that uses half a GP track and still runs round the back of the grandstand. Strangely it's produced some good races.

Absolute belter of a race last year. I'm off seeing James Blunt in Manchester on Saturday night, so I'll have to dodge the sports headlines and watch it on Sunday some time.

this is 1 is normally worst of the season because it is so tight . it can be follow the leader. but i know they managed to incorporate more of the F1 circuit so 2.5km from 2km. hope it improves it & 10pm on red button so easy to watch live

well I cant say much about 2019 because I fell asleep during the middle of it & woke up very confused how di grassi when from 15th to leading. but the circuit is follow the leader if you cant take them into turn 1 which Is tricky because it like trying to overtake into turn 1 at suzuka, if you go around the outside your stuffed for turn 3 chicane. then most of the time if you want to overtake in the stadium section & the final chicane your going to have a crash

I just think there are better races on the calendar

Lol. I think falling asleep might have been the issue.

Was an amazing race last year. I get what you're saying regarding the track but close racing in Formula E is a very different scenario to Formula 1.

at the moment no, i fancy sam bird to win this

pain in the arse trying to watch this race as neither BBC or Eurosport could be bothered to show it. despite it being scheduled. bbc wont be showing it live as snooker isnt even halfway through & eurosport got by skin of their teeth after the ski jumping overran by 10 mins

Back
Top Bottom