Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Good news.

Yes, electric cars are in vogue at the moment hence the support for the series is getting stronger however, without doubt, the wheel to wheel racing is key.

Another dent in F1's armour. As each season passes and F1 still fails to challenge its core issues, it becomes less and less relevant.

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
Formula E is also doing a very good job of hoovering up the driving talent that does not have the budget or has been overlooked by the F1 teams.

Example - F2 champion Nick De Vreis is now in Formula E whilst the only graduate to F1 is Nicholas Lateffi.

Alex Albon, who is now being hailed an F1 rising star, was all signed and ready to go in Formula E this time last year as well - but for the FIA not bowing to pressure on Dan Ticktum he would be there now.

Last edited:

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
The thing is, if you are a talented young driver, the performance differential in FE is small enough for that talent to make a difference on the track. They have to race hard, elbows out and find the right lines.

Sadly, as we all know in F1, the performance differential is so wide a talented young driver, George Russell for example, can do nothing in a whale of a shit car.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Indeed. I'll be honest I don't ever see Formula E overtaking Formula 1. I just think one day the two series will merge and be called Formula 1 with the Formula E rules so they can keep the 'history'.

RasputinLives

Contributor
By the way I missed this

Basically the 4 drivers that each top their qualifying group get a point as well as the pole driver getting 3.

I'm not sure I like it but see why it's been done. Makes figuring out title stuff hard!

You can now get 31 points in a weekend.

Top Bottom