Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

The new season has just started and the Sebring race is live in Eurosport if you want to watch it.

Le Mans is back this weekend, i cant say that i know much about the season bar the results & in that for 1st time in many many years, toyota arent leading instead they are 3rd & 4th in championship behind the alpine & Glickenhaus. but in the final year before the new hypercar era begins in the the centenary year in 2023 with 10 manufacturers with the likes of Alpine, Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Peugeot & Toyota going to be competing for overall glory. we could have a real race on our hands between the Alpine & Toyota for the 1st time in 6 years

this was a interesting review

This is the line up for le mans 24 hrs. you have in the race recognisable drivers, like Robert Kubica, Kamui kobayshi, Esteban Gutierrez, Giancarlo Fisichella , 7x rally world champion seb ogier, ex winner Nick Tandy, Seb bourdais Jack Aitken Sophia floersch, & FE competitors Alex Sims, Sam Bird, Robin Frijins, Antonio Felix da costa,

temp 1.jpg
temp 3.jpg

temp 2.jpg
temp 4.jpg

Last edited:
with only 5 cars, and 2 of them having spells in the garage, was it going to be anything else?

LMP2 is having good knock about though and I'm happy with the 'Vet's doing well. The C8R is a lovely car.

watching a 1 horse race is depressing enough nevermind when the 8 toyota doesn't even put a fight. lifts off & hands the 7 toyota the lead

at least keep up the pretence Toyota. that a race is happening

im at work. so listening to finish on radio le mans & im glad the worlds most nicheist weather forecast is still going for 2022. as they tell me what the weather is like on the cayman Islands 😄

how does the balance of performance work in LMP1 because i thought they brought it in 2021 & were supposed to be making so that Toyota arent supposed to dominate. but 2 years & both years Toyota are in a different league

The Toyota's are very different cars to the Glickenhaus, and the Alpine is puffed up LMP2 car. Peugeot will debut their Hyper car at Monza, then we can look forward to Cadillac, Porsche, Vanwall, and Ferrari entries for next year. But a note of caution, some of these are LMH (Toyota), and others are LMDh, so there will be performance differences even within the same category.

This is the best article I can find to explain what is going on - 13 things to know on Le Mans Hypercar and LMDh classes

Don't blame Toyota if the other teams can't be bothered. They have been supporting Le Mans almost continually since the mid-80's whilst others have come and gone - History of Toyota's Le Mans race cars - Toyota UK Magazine

Don't blame Toyota if the other teams can't be bothered. They have been supporting Le Mans almost continually since the mid-80's whilst others have come and gone
its not toyotas fault they are dominant & budgets are probally double/treble the other 2 combined. but balance of perfromance is non existant from what i see as it been a 1 horse race. thankfully thats it & we get a proper race from next year. even next race as appartantly peugeot are here at the next race

Back
Top Bottom