Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

I just had a great thought. With the threat presented by a Porsche team, maybe Joest could persuade Loeb to join his team, being paired with Kristensen!! I get weak in the knees at the very thought.

ITS THIS WEEKEND. Woohoo.

Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 09.25.26.png

All allegedly to be covered live and in full by Eurosport. I've got my brioche, steak-frites and chablis in for the weekend.

Timetable (all times BST, not GMT, i.e. the actual time what the clocks say in Britain):

Wednesday 2100-2300 Qualifying 1

Thursday 1800-2000 Qualifying 2
Thursday 2100-2300 Qualifying 3

Saturday 1400 - Sunday 1400 The 81st 24 Heures Du Mans

Today's practice session was halted early due to a big crash for the Krohn Racing Ferrari at Forest Esses:

Toyota no. 8 off with a powertrain failure. Not looking good for them already, over four seconds down on the best Audi.

Greenlantern101 - I absolutely recommend it. Get a group of friends, drive and camp (pferably close to the start/finish area). Get down there early and make a long weekend of it. Brilliant experience and event even for those not necessarily into endurance racing.

I think Galahad's write up on his visit to Le Mans remains one of my favorite articles to ever appear on Clip the Apex. Sadly, the wife and I gave much thought to getting across to Le Mans to watch it and the patter of tiny feet put such plans on hold. We will do it one day.

Galahad's bespoke entry list attached, complete with five-star ratings on chances of victory.

It feels as though Audi and Aston Martin will be hard to stop in their classes respectively. Still, when Le Mans looks predictable it often isn't. Perhaps the weather will influence things; alternatively there's always the question of which Audi and which Aston.

Attachments

• LM2013.xlsx
    14.8 KB · Views: 91
Classic race on at the moment - just seen someone roll a beautiful, red DB2. That'll be expensive.

Looks like very tricky conditions. In practice, in damp conditions the Toyota looked to be almost as quick as the Audis.

Well that's the GTE-Am favourites out after less than 10 minutes. Some really good close racing at the front!

Nice move from Davidson (I think I'm 20 mins behind you guys on my TVO box).

Awesome race so far! Don't really watch the Le Mans series as a rule other than this one and really impressed at how beautiful the cars are!

Back
Top Bottom