Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be awful for Hamilton being one of the highest paid sports stars in the world and earning more than his team mate. That lack of support and commitment from a team plus not being sacked by them after sharing confidential data must be horrendous.

i could go through a whole list of things that have happened this season to lewis that button should have benefitted from,because of team "mistakes".
earlier on in the season,they messed up lewis's pitstops,and twice jenson was able to get ahead of lewis in the race because of it.luckily for lewis jenson ended up not finishing the races.
the 2 times they told lewis to change his clutch settings just before the start of the race were when jenson was 1 place behind or infront of lewis on the grid,and both times lewis got off to bad starts.
they underfuelled his car,and really jenson should have got more points than lewis from that race,but didnt.
so all those little things,jenson should have benefitted from,and did in a few cases.but if he had of in all cases,he'd be ahead on points.also jenson consistently has quicker pitstops,regulary a second quicker.
and its clear jenson has more support from MW.
after lewis's last win,MW played it down.he was saying,well we had the fastest car so it was nothing special.
but after jensons last win,he was talking about how great it was.he said just because you have the fastest car,its still very hard to win.
and look at what happened when jenson was struggling?they put development on hold,and forgot all about lewis,and completely focused on jenson.
also originally we were told the leading driver pits first,so lewis was made to wait for jenson to pit first eventhough lewis desperatly need to pit.i cant remember what race it was.
then it must have been a few races later,jenson was struggling,lewis was ahead,but they still let jenson pit first.
then all of a sudden their rules on who pits first was changed.
and lastly,last season MW was kicking lewis while he was down,and saying things like,"lewis is struggling because jenson has him under pressure"
this season,when button was struggling,MW came out and blamed himself for buttons lack of form.
this is not equal treatment,this is button being favoured.

Damon Hill said earlier today on Sky that if LH wants No 1 in the team then he would be better moving to another team..
Lewis has never said he wants priority...just parity...
Jenson said a year ago that a definite No1 would enable McLaren to win the championships.....he of course was over a hundred points behind the 2011WDC winner...but he was best of the losers...
I have never seen or heard LH intimate that he wants No1 status... ...Parity as is supposed to be McLaren policy.

Sometime's I don't understand the press and auntie Beeb. A bit silly to keep asking McLaren if Jenson is going to support Lewis when they keep swapping DNFs every other race. Surely it's best to wait and see whether the situation arises before invoking this team player argument.

I think Lewis realises what Fernando Alonso felt having an equally competitive teammate

As much I would like Button to win the championship I think it is impossible because he could have done with that 2nd place at MOnza but now needs to win at least 4 of the 6 races and finish on the podium ahead of Alonso and even that may not be enough

Its a tall order..I think after the next race he will have to play a supporting role

For you Mephistopheles - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19696240

McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh hinted after the race that Button might start to sacrifice his own dim title hopes to help Hamilton.

"Jenson has had a conversation with me, he initiated it," Whitmarsh said.

"He's an immensely competitive individual, but he's a team player. Things that happen in the future will come from within him. I'll never ask and I don't want to ask.

"If he chooses to do something in the best interest of the team, that's up to him."

@ll_leone Lewis knew what it was like to have an equally competitive teammate as soon as he stepped into F1. He doesnt have that now.

Seems a funnt statement to make when Lewis's current team-mate is the only team-mate he's had who's managed to beat him over the course of an entire season.

This is what I never understand - that pure and simple fact means the more you rubbish Jenson the more you're actually putting Lewis down.

I'm sure I'll hear a list of excuses now as to why Jenson finished in front of Lewis last season so can we please have some new one's? Maybe Mclaren swapped Lewis pedels round in his car or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom