Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBY! The season is not over yet and Lotus have updates coming. But yes I am expecting another portion of humble pie on that one after havinbg a big slice when i said Nico Rosberg would never win a Grand Prix. To be fair after he did win in China he's proved everything I've ever said about him was right but still I had to choke down that pie. I guess I should stop myself making rash claims.

PAUL DI RESTA WILL NEVER WIN A GRAND PRIX

dam It! I've done it again.

Just to keep on topic - Aren't Lewis and Jenson great?

He was close to Massa on the tarmac because several of hamilton's qualifyings were messed up and he was trying to make up time (not fuelling him..AGAIN, sending him out too late, that sort of stuff). Who's fault were the crashes? Well some were Hamilton's, some were massa's one was Buttons, but Im sure you know that already. The fact is without them, whoevers fault, Lewis would have been ahead. (I know the fact that the WDC not being up for grabs is irrelevant, I just thought Id throw it in...ignore that bit)

racecub . The more you argue, the more desperate it sounds and the less weight your argument carries. Jenson was at his best last year, Lewis was far from at his best. Lewis got beaten fair and square last year. I think that it can be said that last year was a blip for Lewis because at his best you would almost certainly expect him to have good measure of Jenson. However, the fact remains that Jenson's performances last year were of a higher quality, in general, than Lewis'. This culminated in Jenson scoring more points and finishing higher up the championship table.

Would ofs and could haves will not rewrite history so just take it on the chin. You can admit that Jenson drove better last year without subscribing to Jenson being a better driver.

teabagyokel lol - their were some poor decisions. I got Maldo and Vergne the right way round though - and I still think we'll see on Hulk and Di Resta. Picking between De La Rosa and Karthkeyen is like death or maomao and Grosjean should really be up there with Kimi.

Can't justify the Schumacher decision though - probably my Romantic notion.

Oh and Button looked a great choice after the 1st Grand Prix!

racecub . The more you argue, the more desperate it sounds and the less weight your argument carries. Jenson was at his best last year, Lewis was far from at his best. Lewis got beaten fair and square last year..

I think it's very clear that Lewis beat himself last year and that given Lewis' "worst season" in comparison to Jenson's "best season" the comparison is unfair and is skewed in Jenson's favour.

I think there’s some contradiction here but I must say I perfectly understand where you’re coming from.

Let’s not forget it is possible for Jenson to surpass Lewis in points this year too. The reality is the current table does little in reflecting Hamilton’s dominance over him.

There is no contradiction there if you read both posts as having been written objectively and in the context of the posts that I was responding to.

If I paint back in the context, what I am saying is that Jenson deservedly beat Lewis in 2011 but that this should not be used in isolation as a measure of the two drivers against each other in overall ability and quality. The wider picture would tell a different story.

Let’s not forget it is possible for Jenson to surpass Lewis in points this year too. The reality is the current table does little in reflecting Hamilton’s dominance over him.

Yeah and if Jenson thumps Lewis in the next 6 races which he would need to do to get in front of him we'd have to conclude he'd out performed him this season as well because he'd have get some superb results to do it. You can't argue with the points table and lets remember Lewis has not had it all his own way with Jenson this year either.

Yeah and if Jenson thumps Lewis in the next 6 races which he would need to do to get in front of him we'd have to conclude he'd out performed him this season as well because he'd have get some superb results to do it. You can't argue with the points table and lets remember Lewis has not had it all his own way with Jenson this year either.

‘Thumping Lewis’ would obviously be one of the options available to him .The other option would be to simply bring the car home in the points if Hamilton fails to finish for any reason. Out of interest - Do you think the current table fully reflects the relative performance of both drivers?

I have found an algorithm which finally answers the age old question who is best Jenson or Lewis, I'll leave you to fill in the data.

266px-Euclid_flowchart_1.png

I hope this settles it once and for all......:snigger:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom