Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, so lying to the stewards in Australia 2009 was not sneaky? Not allowing Alonso to go by when told by the team during "that" qualifying session in Hungary wasn't vindictive?

The blind faith in Saint Lewis really drives me up the wall sometimes.

He shouldn't have released that information full stop.

McLaren lied...to the stewards................. robbed Lewis of a well earned podium ..in a dog of a car
And no............. Lewis wasn't vindictive
On both counts he was honest...something there is a shortage of in F1

F1-ang-o.....absolutely correct, Lewis wasn't the only member of the Mclaren team who lied to the stewards, at Australia in 2009.
The incident between Hamilton and Trulli, at Australia clearly show the depths of paranoia that existed in Mclaren at the time. Why in the hell when Trulli went off the track, did Lewis felt it necessary for him to even call his pitwall, and ask if it was alright that he had passed Trulli? The :censored: guy is off the track,...off the track, and yet the pitwall eventually tells Hamilton to give the position back. What was he supposed to do follow Trulli, fall in behind and follow him into the grass?.......unbelievable.

McLaren made another of their poor calls during that incident. The first race with Whitmarsh in charge I do believe. They then asked lewis to lie to cover it up. (Lewis did, shouldn't have)But it killed him doing that, went against the grain and his father went balistic because his integrity had been compromised. Once again Lewis' naivity got the better of him. Don't do everything people ask you to, even if its the team who have been guiding you for the past 8yrs or so!.

the problem is,when lewis shows commitment to the team and does as he's told,he still gets the blame when things go wrong.
and when lewis goes against his team,he gets stick for being disloyal.he cant win.
and martin talks about commitment from lewis being important in a recent interview.
but i think its lewis who wants to feel like mclaren(MW) are commited to him.at the moment i think lewis feels mclaren are not giving him their full support,only jenson.once lewis feels they are giving him thier full support,he'll sign a new contract with them.full support doesnt mean #1 status.

Good point Fenderman. Guilty as charged. Back to Jenson v hamilton. Well if Lewis does go to Mercedes I think Jenson will be delighted . Job done. Though one cant really blame Jenson for exploiting the situation to the best of his abilities.With a different team manager things at Mclaren may have panned out differently but while Whitmarsh is there I think lewis would be best going. Jenson and lewis I don think would be a problem without Whitmrsh.

McLaren made another of their poor calls during that incident. The first race with Whitmarsh in charge I do believe..

Nope... It was the final nail in Ron Dennis' coffin at McLaren- he stepped down as CEO just after....

However, it may have been whitmarsh' first race as team principal

Are you sure about that? i thought he went with Alonsogate? I seem to remember Whitmarsh offering to stand down and thinking . First race!!and you might go! Isnt Ron still CEO of McLaren company?
Ive just seen ther second bit of ure post. Yes it was team principal I was meaning.

Must be awful for Hamilton being one of the highest paid sports stars in the world and earning more than his team mate. That lack of support and commitment from a team plus not being sacked by them after sharing confidential data must be horrendous.

Hmm, things must be really terrible for Lewis at the moment. His concentration has been so badly affected that he's threatening to take pole after shoving that awful car that's obviously set up for a No.2 driver to the top of the timing sheets in P2 and P3. Whitmunch and the rest of the team must be going all out to hold him back.:D It's also a bummer that JB is playing mind games with him just when he needs more grip and no understeer.:rolleyes:

Crikey! Exciting isn't it?!!!:)

I actually never planned on posting about this topic, but as this thread has become a "catch-all" anyway, why not?

Was the trace tweet stupid? Did it make Lewis look ridiculous? Was it more fodder for the Anti-Hammy brigade? Yes, yes, and, oh yeah.

But this had been building for a long time. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing. After his debrief Lewis must have been in utter disbelief. He must have been wondering how this could have happened yet again.

Hamilton's season has been plagued by his team letting him down. He has lost dozens of points to McLaren mistakes. They muddled through a few races following a dominant win while they spent precious resources trying to sort out the other car. And maybe worst of all, he was thrown under the bus by the team after being speared out of a podium.

Those trying to crucify Lewis for this indiscretion need to take a sober look at who has actually done harm to his Championship aspirations this year. Because that trace will have played no part whatsoever.

If the F1 circus shows up at Spa next year and McLaren get their clocks cleaned on track, then you can unleash on the whipping boy. Until then, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

You've been more than clear on that front TBY. You can use all the adjectives you want, but its over and done with, and I for one am much more concerned with the things that have happened, and will happen, on the racing circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom