Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tried that.Do you remember the in season testing? He very much wanted to get 'involved'.

Well despite the hand he's been dealt, he's going all out to try and get a one/two for Mclaren tomorrow. He's delighted for jenson and will do everything he can to help.

Jen Yes he could have gone, if he'd paid his own way. Not exactly a way to welcome a drivers desire to get 'involved'. He didnt 'change his mind and not let me know'. He wanted to be involved, was told 'no, the testers are doing it' and then reluctantly that he could go if he paid.
gethinceri Well I guess he could have said " I drive for myself"

If Hamilton really wanted to go, he could have - he ain't short of a bob or two and in my world conviction is quite often expensive. So, he either decided it wasn't worth the effort and wouldn't learn much extra from it or he couldn't afford the expense of getting a good grip on the car that might or might not make him 2012 WDC. Either way it was HIS choice.

So, I am now thinking of giving up unless you come out with some other spurious claim. There is no arguing with the obsessed.

It gets worse. Not only is it the better set up. They gave Jenson a new wing and Lewis the old one. What about the one leading gets the upgrades first?? Its very difficult to like Mr. Whitmarsh.

Lewis' tweet:-

LewisHamilton
Damn, WTF!! Jenson has the new rear wing on, I have the old. We voted to change, didn't work out. I lose 0.4 tenths just on the straight.

Couldn't find the tweet but have found this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102137

What a bugger, eh?

Couldn't find the tweet but have found this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102137

What a bugger, eh?

A bugger indeed. Especially these parts.........

"Hamilton and the team made the decision to use the old wing after struggling in Saturday morning practice, believing that it would be faster in qualifying.
Hamilton said.
"I was told the difference in wings was not so great, so it is definitely a surprise. I was told that in qualifying my wing would be quicker but for some reason it wasn't.

Oh I'll get over it, don't worry about me, I've had plenty of practise.
Love to see Kobi get his first win tomorrow, he's got a better chance now that Maldonado is out of the way.

Jenson in the Sunday Times. "Sunday's have been good over the last few years, but Saturdays have not gone perfectly. I have a style which makes it difficult to make the car work in qualifying but, when it does, I get pole"
:oSo jens, you've found it difficult to make the car work in quali for THREE YEARS!!! And now that its 'worked', you better be very glad Lewis didnt have the same car or you still wouldnt be on pole.

Hamilton just tweeted something we rarely get to see - a trace.

The dotted line is the time line. Downwards means I lose time to Jenson, up means I gain time.

hamilton-button-trace.webp

I bet McLaren aren't too keen on that sort of info being in the public domain. I presume he must have have got permission to put that out.

Indeed not.
The Tweet has already been deleted, good job I grabbed a copy of it... ;)

(Although the image is still available on Instagram.)

Loyalty? he's been at that team longer than anyone else on the grid has been at a team(I think). Perhaps he's looking for a little in return. Fed up of taking it lying down. I prefer a feisty lewis to a 'roll over and let the team walk all over me' lewis. If the team didnt tell Lewis how good that wing was likely to be I can imagine his anger.Well now lewis knows, he found out the hard way, I dont blame him for tweeting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom