Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
@F1 Ang-o yes that happened at one of the early races this year. Lewis radioed in that his tyres were shot but was kept out two (I think two)more laps loosing bucket loads of time and only brought in after Button. He should have used Buttons tactic and just gone in, but he plays the team game and ends up the loser.

Bill Boddy
Team rules are supposed to apply to both drivers, when one bends them, & gains an advantage, then it is unfair to the other driver.
I didn't dislike Jenson but I dislike his selfish behaviour which in turn has made me dislike him.

Bill Boddy thank you for the compliment......I think :unsure: I would be much happier myself if I thought drivers could just pit when they wanted to; but I've been given the reason I just put forward, about drivers getting the best pit option if they're leading lots of times on here. I was given it as a reason on the incident I mentioned, when Lewis was kept out too long......I was told Button had priority cos he was leading.

I don't like Button, so maybe on that point you are right, perhaps I am too harsh on him and notice things more involving him.But I do hate unfairness. And if the lead driver having the call is a team rule it should be applied fairly. I suppose if he just came in there was nothing the team could do.so they should abandon the rule then :dunno:

Sorry lewymp4 but you need to buy the review on DVD and listen to the whole thing. I think the exact thing goes a bit like this:

"Who's effing call was it to bring me in? I tell you what guys I think you've lost me the race my tyres were fine. Why are we stopping twice when everyone else is doing once? This is a fricking stupid call"

Yep.......RasputinLives.....it certainly qualifies as a rant.

Selfish behaviour was when JB came in without track position & the team were not expecting him...this gave him an advantage he was not entitled to & he went on to win Aust 2010. Ted Kravitz saw all & reported all on BBC, Whitmarsh's conversation pre podium room confirmed.
When JB has track position, he sticks to team rules.....losing Lewis time & track position.
Should LH have just gone in when he wanted to?
If so this could be music to Sergio Perez' ears...but I don't think McLaren would want this to happen.
LH wanted to win in a fair fight

If a team has a selfish driver and a driver who does as the team ask...maybe the team should ask different things. After all, isn't it the team that should be calling the shots?

That would be Lewis Hamilton in his rookie year. Yes he disobeyed team strategy, incurred the wrath of Ron and learnt his lesson. That was five years ago!

It never ceases to amaze me how often that one thing............. in LH first months in F1 is raked out...........
Would love to have seen Kimi team mate with Lewis.......
& Michael with Jenson

Being at home on my sick bed today I've decided to put on my F1 review of the 2010 season and on watching it it occured to me what a huge catalyst for this whole thread Melbourne 2010 was. Jenson took a gamble on tyres and won and Lewis was on the end of a bad tyre call and ended up ranting at his team over the radio. Seemed to set the scene and one got associated with the other.

I wonder how things would have turned out over the next 3 years if Mclaren had left Lewis out.........I guess we can only speculate.
Are you feeling better now?

@hamergFacts along with disobeyed team orders.( 'learnt his lesson' I admit may be open to different interpretation, but the fact you had to go back five years for a similar transgression suggests he probably has)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom