Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole 'leading driver gets first choice when to pit', is that something anyone can confidently say they've seen or heard McLaren say that or is it just an internet myth?

Viscount
David Coulthard certainly thinks it is...when JB was the leading driver, & LH has wanted to come in for tyres....he gave the the BBC viewers the benefit of his knowledge of McLaren's rules/straegy.

I remember Martin Brundle and David Coulthard discussing the timing of pits stops after one incident. They agreed that in the end it should be the driver's choice as he is the one who is getting the best feedback from the car.

As to the selfishness of Button, what he did by coming in early was to improve the chances of him scoring more points for his team than he would have done otherwise. So it was a move for the good of the team even though he knew that he would be in trouble for disobeying orders. A noble sacrifice indeed.;)

Perhaps the extra team points were negated when Jenson........ chose not to come in & Lewis had to struggle for two more laps ..lost time & a place to Felipe.....:whistle:
Jenson gained both times.

Lewis must be well :censored:off............. I am & I'm >:( just watching

F1ang-o - I thinnk maybe you need to learn to chill out a bit. It was two years ago and none of us know McLarens procedures, but the call in Aus didn't affect Lewis' race in the slightest, apart from his team mate beating him over a race distance. :)

RickD
It was Rasputin who brought this up, several posts ago............wum:p that I should have taken no notice of....
I could have added Turkey 2010 etc etc etc......but I didn't.
Hamberg
No theory..David Coulthard quotes McLaren's rules whenever it is to JB's advantage.
He probably speculates on their strategy.
Beat up JB....:rolleyes:struth.

Does anyone know how many times they each overtook each other? They had a fair few duels in the few years together.

So I've gone and sorted it out chris1981

Australia
Ham on But - L6, P6

Turkey
But on Ham - L48, P1
Ham on But - L49, P1

China
Ham on But - L36, P2

Turkey
Ham on But - L6, P5
But on Ham - L6, P5
Ham on But - L7, P5
But on Ham - L8, P5
Ham on But - L49, P4

Canada
Ham on But - L5, P6

Great Britain
Ham on But - L2, P5

Hungary
But on Ham - L52, P1
Ham on But - L52, P1

Italy
But on Ham - L16, P4 (Hamilton had just been pushed on the grass by Schumacher)

Great Britain
Ham on But - L31, P9

India
Ham on But - L6, P4

So, pending Galahad's figures from Brazil, that's Hamilton overtaking Button on 11 occasions and Button overtaking Hamilton 5 times. I have my reservations about the Monza 2011 pass however, as MSC played a large part.

Interestingly though the only occasion where Jenson had the last laugh (passed Lewis without being overtaken by him again later in the race) is that dubious one in Monza 2011. Maybe I'm not quite interpreting it correctly, but it looks to me that Hamilton came out on top in their on track battles 90% of the time.

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorsport/story/97407.html
This is a bit of a non story..but there hasn't been any activity on here for 2 weeks...
I suppose it could be seen as ...making LH as welcome as a dose of something unpleasant.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Button has said Hamilton is one of the fastest drivers he's ever faced.... nothing really because everyone is wondering how good is Rosberg who has been marked as Button II having followed a similiar career path in F1

Plus Nico did not go to Mclaren to replace Alonso alongside Hamilton because his dad knew he could be in for a thrashing

It is no secret that Nico although his record is impressive against teammates none of them were world beaters or at their peak to challenge him except Webber in a poor Williams

The jury is out on Rosberg as everyone inc Button is stating the obvious Nico is possibly fighting for his career as a front runner if he does not step up against Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom