BTCC BTCC 2012 Season

Talking about English......when Paul O'Neill was interviewing some of the Grid Girls? or whatever they are called, before the last race ....He said "I know a lot of these witches....! "

But what he actually said " I know a lot of these, which is not a great thing ...blah blah..."

Jason Plato took pole position for tomorrow's first race at Knockhill. The wet session produced a moderately scrambled grid, with the WSR BMWs 2nd and 4th, sandwiching Aron Smith's Motorbase Focus. Title rivals Shedden and Neal start from 6th and 8th respectively in the Hondas.

I used to think Knockhill was a dull circuit, after a close scrutiny of Ginetta Junior races about 3 years ago it is now one of my faves.

Sigh...Plato off on lap 2 of race 1, which means Neal and Shedden will increase the gap and Plato will start at the back for race 2.

Edit: Just seen the incident - Aron Smith pushed him off. The discrepancy between the various car and tyre types at the start of the race is once again the reason.

Pity. That Focus was like a dragster in a straight line - as well as the ballast I'm sure different cars are allowed different levels of boost.

Good result for WSR anyway :)

Another BMW 1-2 in a thoroughly dull Race 2. Plato seemed to have a problem on the last lap and faded to 11th, leaving him out of the reckoning for the reversed grid pole.

Shedden moves into the championship lead, 5 clear of Neal and 26 ahead of Plato.

Dunno if you watched the Ginettas but one of them has run the whole race with an advertising banner stick to the front of the car - should have been meatballed in my opinion.

Matt Neal lucks in on the reverse grid, again...:rolleyes:

Plato in the pit lane too so looks like he's out of race 3.

I have a feeling this weekend will prove to be the turning point as far as Plato being able to challenge for the title.

Back
Top Bottom