BTCC BTCC 2012 Season

Well that was a disappointing first race.
Driver error caused the safety car to come out resulting in a red flag.

Plato was lucky to get away with that first corner contact, managing to keep it together across the wet grass.

A mad qualifying session too with Plato and Neal crashing heavily and Shedden having his times disallowed for exceeding the turbo boost pressure limit.

Very disappointing race. Te conditions seemed to get worse and worse - hopefully the racing will improve in races 2&3.

I was going to go down as a) I get free entry to Thruxton and b) it's about 5 miles away but I looked out of the window this morning and the trees were moistly pointing sideways, I decided that I'd probably be more comfy watching from the sofa with a beer in hand.

What time are the next races?

Ahhh 14.22 and 17.17 - time to squeeze the MotoGP in ;)

Good call Spesh.

From what I saw on the TV, all of the spectators looked thoroughly miserable, soaked through and freezing.

Did Sheddon say he switched the engine off in race 2 trying to reset the wiper system? Careful planning on the dash layout there...

I'm really not a fan of team mates being allowed to switch places to get an extra point for leading a lap.
Especially when one of those team mates is a certain M. Neal Esq, eh? :whistle:

Great racing today I thought by all participants, in atrocious conditions.

I mentioned to Mike yesterday how relatively few incidents there were.
Hats off to all of them - the conditions were atrocious and most of them managed to keep it on the black stuff.

Yes, Porceliamone, especially with Nic having got up to 6th place prior to the restart. After this and his big crash last year, he might well begin thinking of Thruxton as not a very nice place to be.

BTCC at Oulton park this weekend, but ITV aren't showing race 3 live as it clashes with the French Open - so there's going to be a programme covering race 3 during (at 8pm) the Canadian Grand prix.

Can none of these channels do anything right? First BBC's clash Silverstone and Wimbeldon and now ITV and the french open, I'm starting to think Sky is an even better idea

Im thinking of going to see the meeting at Silverstone in October (I think). Looks like a good value day out, especially as we are fairly close, and parking is included. Plus you usually get a really good set of races, all for less than £30!! And the boy will get in for free!!!

Back
Top Bottom