BTCC BTCC 2012 Season

Game on :D

That MG looks very handy indeed; impressive top speed, incredible grip and handling and they seem to have already got on top of the set-up issues which destroyed the tyres in race two.

Not a lot you can do in those circumstances.

It led to an orgy of "just a passenger" cliché comments. Well done Jason P, great win in the last race and, form what I could see, the car was on 3 wheels round most of the left hand bends. Maybe this helped with tyre wear LOL

Just read that Plato was indeed penalised for his first round clash with Dave Newsham.
He was fined £750 and given 3 points on his licence.

Very happy to see WSR win the first race.

Last race was a bit ominous though. The MG should be even more dominant on other, faster tracks - could ruin the championship.

Any particular reason why it seems to be so much better than the rest?
For a new car it seems to have hit the ground running.

I was surprised also to learn that there are still different boost levels on the various cars, so I expect they may try to peg the MG back by reducing the boost.

To be fair to Plato I think he looked as surprised as anyone. Triple Eight were the dominant team in the Vauxhall days, but that was usually when there were no other manufacturers involved. Full credit to them.

I know Honda were voluntarily using slightly less than full boost last season to offset the tyre wear a bit. So I'm not sure if the variable boost levels have been imposed or perhaps chosen voluntarily.

As far as I am aware, the boost levels have been imposed so some teams will no doubt be lobbying to get them increased/reduced.

What makes it even more impressive is the MG had only done 6 consecutive laps before the first meet.

It is a growing movement with simple entrance rules and no fees. I elected myself to the commitee some years ago.

I just think its a shame JP has stopped allowing decent drivers in the same team.;)

At least the Hondas get to race. Who can forget Oulton Park?

Back
Top Bottom