Le Mans 2016 WEC

Is it me or has motor sport got over safety on s
Wet starts because it had to be puddles everywhere like Japan 1994 in old days as look at monaco 96 & spa 98 started normally. But now it just has to be wet & ots a straight sc start til intermediates are needed

Cat and mouse at the front. Porsche leads, but Toyota are running an extra lap per stint (14 vs 13) and holding the lead when the Porsche pits. Now the first set of driver changes, and Webber takes over the lead car, being chased by Kobayashi and Davidson for Toyota. Audi very gradually fading away from the very front.

In GT it's Ferrari - Ford - Ford.

Great stint by Joey Hand in the Ford. Took the car over from Dirk Muller in fifth, passed both the Porsches, team mate Briscoe and now Toni Vilander's Ferrari to take the lead in GT. Bit disappointing that it's purely a Ford/Ferrari battle though.

In theory, yes. But Webber is pulling out quite a healthy margin on Kobayashi at the moment. And the timing of any Safety Cars could be crucial - whoever is due for a stop would lose a heap of time.

Bernhard pitted to hand over to Hartley, he was back in the pits on the very next lap and they've been taking it apart for the past half hour. Looks like it could be batteries or electrics, something like that.

The SC came out because the 98 Aston Martin hit the barriers in Porsche Curves, leaving some debris on the circuit, and at the same time Francois Perrodo went off into the gravel at Mulsanne Corner in 83.

I think the Eurosport crew are beginning to sound like they' ve just hit that stage of the race where they could do with a shot of strong back coffee... :)

I think the eurosport crew are beginning to sound like they' ve just hit that stage of the race where they could do with a shot of strong back coffee... :)

Oh yeah love the up all night club something special watching action at that time. Although as a big cycling fan. Doesnt surprise carlton kirby got croaky voice. During a bunch sprint you worry hes going to explode

LOL just about to ask the same question why is Conway 3rd and not 1st?

Are Porsche genuinely ahead or out of sync?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom