Pre-Season 2016 Car Launches and Testing.

I'm back! In other news, the Williams looks the same, the Ferrari looks drastically different but the livery is kind of shit, and the Red Bull livery warrants a 6 or a 7 out of 10 from me until we see it on track, nice clean look. As for the Merc, well from the shitty pictures we've got so far the airbox looks pretty big and that's about all I can tell.

2016 McLaren:

Cbubx6ZWEAAgaCq.jpg:large

CbumhPDWAAEmvHJ.jpg:large

Last edited:
how about the half 555 and half Lucky strike of BAR because they could not run the cars in different liveries ?

Looking at the Mclaren livery it could do with a sponsor on the sidepod. I did not notice Richard Mille sponsorship at first until I got my magnifying glass out on the bodywork:blink:

In fact I notice Richard Mille also sponsoring Haas and it is more vivid

Last edited:
Is this a "spot the difference" competition? If so, the only answer is the colours. F1 doesn't need to move to being a spec series it is becoming one all on its own.

Sauber have released their livery as well. Not even going to bother finding the picture because it is the exact same as last year with slightly more sponsors.

So what colors do we have on the grid this year?

Ferrari - Red (shocked)
Williams - white with lovely stripes
Red Bull - dark blue with yellow accents (matte)
Renault - black with yellow accents
McLaren - black with red accents
Sauber - blue with yellow accents
Merc - silver with turquoise
Haas - dark grey (black) light grey and red

There's an awful lot of black on that list along with red. I'd love to see a little more variety. However, the cars aren't bad this year. I hated the color scheme McLaren came out with at the start of last season.

It just seems to be the preference of the marketing groups right now for a similar color scheme. Had any of these black/red/white cars come out 10-15 years ago we would be blown away. It's just all teams are going for similar looks. It's hard to make yourself stand out when you don't know what colors the other teams are using. The teams also have to please their sponsors.

I'd rather have a quick car that looks like crap than a crap car that looks fast.

Manor just tweeted the following:

"No singing, no dancing, just good old-fashioned Pre-Season Testing. That's what we're here for. But, we will have pictures. Right here."

Seems like they are suggesting the other teams are blowing the trumpet too loudly.

Back
Top Bottom