Pre-Season 2016 Car Launches and Testing.

.... the notion of "good old days" when it comes to F1 ....
Ah, the beginning, or end, of the good old days in F1 really depends upon your outlook and perspective on life.

Some would say that they ended the day we all realised that the foreseeable future was German and silver.
Others go back a little more and say it was when a German driver powered by an an energy drink started his domination.
An awful lot might even argue that the whole concept of 'good' was ended by another German in a bright red-dragon car.

Some limit the good old days to a few noteworthy periods in time, 58/62-65/68-69/71/73/76/92/96/08-09 and NOW, since 2014.
Even within this group there are camps who would disallow years where 'not the right sort of chap' triumphed.
It does, at the end of the day (when the sun ****ing sets?), boil down to which sort of Brit-centric F1 fan you are.

The rest of us realise that these were the Good Old Days, while Formula One should be taken much less seriously - and all discussion of the modern day 'show', which occasionally purports to be a sport, should not begin until:
a) the speaker/writer has placed his tongue firmly in one cheek and
b) the listener/reader has obtained enough salt to clear Heathrow's runways of several flakes of snow.
:thankyou:

Last edited:
The MasterCard Lola livery was ****ing fantastic. And the HRT livery of 2011 was much better than the 2010 monstrosity.

They're right about the Earth Car, though.

Update

Force Indias launch is basically driving it out the garage when testing starts on the 22nd.
Force India to unveil new F1 car in Barcelona pitlane

The Rebull livery launch is today in London, pictures via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts at around 5pm. They have also confirmed the car launch will be the 22nd, i.e. driving it out the pit lane at testing.

Ferrari have now confirmed the 19th as launch day via a live stream from their website.

I have updated the first post dates.

Last edited:
I give in where is the Puma logo?

screenshot.126.jpg

Gets a thumbs up from me as long as Torro Rosso Don't go with the yellow on top too. They were too hard to tell the difference between last year.

Back
Top Bottom