Pre-Season 2016 Car Launches and Testing.

That is an amazing disparity in lap numbers between the Mercs and everyone else. I somehow suspect the Ferrari isn't really half a second quicker. I'm looking forward to Teds note book tonight.

screenshot.135.jpg

Manor improved in the afternoon which is great to see. I know he had some issues with the car, and it's day one, but I still have a gut feeling that Palmer will have a really tough year.

I think Team Renault might be a bit worried already. It might be testing but "welcome back to F1 your bottom of the time sheets" is not good PR.

I wonder if they're regretting not sticking an interim name on the car until they catch back up.

And I bet that Red Bull stuck in a lap with the car running on a sniff of an oily rag just to put the wind up their 'not' engine partners a little.

I also Don't believe Mclaren have progressed that far other than the car runs now. I certainly Don't think it looks like they'll be doing anything else but looking at the back end of the points. I'm sure Ron and Honda will spin it differently though.

I'm going to keep a close eye on Fernando Alonso's media statements over the next few days though.

Button's lap was done on the soft tyre whereas the cars in front were done on the medium tyre so add another second to the time then Mclaren Honda are still way behind

Still they have a new engine next week as well as they've managed to pump in more laps which is important mileage knowledge for now

I think Alonso will want to show off to the local press tomorrow

interesting 1st day Vettel having the fastest time to beat Lewis Hamilton by over half a second on the same medium tyres. Which bodes well for a title battle obviously we don't know fuel loads but is better than 2015 because I think vettel topped timesheets but was on softs & mercedes on hards which looking at the 1st day they will have to beat Mercedes on pace after an amazing 155 laps straight out of the box, Red bull are looking good & they could perform better than they expected as i think they could be top 3.

But despite jensons positivity. It seems early warning bells are ringing af mclaren because as eric Boullier said during the lunch break to Rachel brookes that their performance was not good enough & after the year of pain that this was minimum he could expect, ted kravitz mentioned speed traps are up but only slightly & with manor improving, theres big chance could be last thats unthinkable can you imagine if Ferrari started qualifying last

A little early to form an opinion on McLaren let alone pass judgement. We'll know more in a few days time but need to wait until the next test session at the beginning of March to have any idea of their progress.

Back
Top Bottom