2014 driver line up market

RasputinLives In a better car last year Pastor finished behind both Di Resta and Hulkenberg

This year despite things being really tough at Williams he spent most of the time sulking going up against a rookie teammate - good luck Eric Bouillier

I don't think Maldo has ever had a good a car as the Force India over the course of a season and when his car was at its best he took his chance and won a GP. Di Resta has often had a good car and not got the best out of it.

As for sulking at the team. Did you hear Di Resta on the team radio last year?

RasputinLives I think a car that wins a "normal" dry race should be good enough to score at least one point in one of the next 9 races... which Maldonado failed to achieve in 2012. I have a feeling that he will do well at Lotus but I really don't think he deserves the chance with his attitude and performances since that win.

Di Resta hasn't been anywhere near consistent enough to be considered for a top drive and his moaning at the team this year hasn't helped him either. Hulkenberg and Perez looks like a much stronger line up than Di Resta and Sutil to me so you have to say Force India have made the right decisions really.

Last edited:
I think Maldo has let himself down over the last year and a half but I still think his record both pre and during F1 is better than Di Resta's.

Its cool to hate Maldo right now because we all wanted to see Hulk in the seat but lets remember that if you give him a fast car he does go quick and does mix it up with the front runners. Yes 9 times out of 10 he'll crash out and into them but the speed is there. I'm not sure the same can be said for Di Resta.

If Enstone manage to curb that aggression then they have a very good driver who has brought in a shit load of cash and everyones a winner. I guess they think they managed to sort out Grosjeans issues so why not Maldonado?

Whats the old saying? You can teach a quick driver to drive safe but you can't teach a safe driver to drive quick.

Its why no one is snapping up Max Chilton.

RasputinLives I think you have a right to moan when your team tells you you're safe and then only to find out last minute you've been eliminated in Q1 when you should not have which happened numerous times with Di Resta this season and also comical pitstops that seems to happen too ften

Maldo should have got more podiums especially in the Williams last year - Hulkenberg would have done a much better job and probably Di Resta too instead of junking a lot of chassis

Last year's Williams was even better than a Ferrari in the early stage of the season - what kept Maldo his job at Williams was his money and they were accusing Senna of being slow despite Bruno actually finishing more points finishes and it boils down to that 1 win Pastor has along with his money

Grosjean has matured this year but Pastor is still a hot head and he can't get any worse than this season with 1 pt

Pastor is De Cesaris Mk II to sum it up and no he does not deserve the drive at Lotus. Di Resta is a solid points scorer but unfortunately his drive Bahrain when he got 4th on a 1 stop strategy seems to have been forgotten amidst all the silly season and his 2nd half slump which coincided with the team's
---------------------

I' d say Hulkenberg over Sutil yes but Perez over Di Resta not really much gain apart from suppose sponsorship Sergio brings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Max Chilton - I don;t think people care about him since he is where he should be the back of the grid

The 'Williams being better than Ferrari' is a bit of an exageration.

You are correct and Hulkenberg should have got the seat over Maldonado but I'd still say Maldonado is a quicker driver than Di Resta.

Bruno was slow and he was way slower than Maldonado all season. Complety off his pace. He could, like Max Chilton, finish races though which Maldo didn't. Di Resta is in the same mould. Old reliable that will bring it home in the top ten but he's not going to threatern the big guys or get the best out of the car.

Maldonado is a hot head but he's shown he can push a car to its limits and mix it with the front runners he just needs to calm down and keep it on the road. Lets remember he is a champion at junior level.

I'd rather take a quick guy with a hot head over someone I know is only ever going to be 'above average'.

So when it comes to Maldo vs Di Resta then I'd go with Maldo.

I'd go with Perez over Di Resta too. I would pick Di Resta over Sutil but I'd hope to have more choices than that pair.

On the subject of Caterham:

Chales Pic doesn't seem very positive about staying and Guttierrez recently took a tour of the factory.

The team are also suposed to be looking at GP2 driver Marcus Erikson who has financial backing.

Both VDG and Kovi have pretty much said they have the drive for next year but it seems at least one of them will be wrong.

RasputinLives - I see Paul Di Resta a lot in common like Nick Heidfeld - both similar career paths to F1 and never really getting the top drive although Heidfeld did at BMW but did not make his opportunity. Heidfeld nickname by the German press was Leidfeld - " Misery"

Certainly the first half of last year the Williams was better than the Ferrari and it was certainly better than the Force India initially

I don't see why Perez is any better than Di Resta since his 3 podiums are based on starting with fresher tyres available and going wheel to wheel he does not seem to know his limitations and is prepared to take someone's nose off

Di Resta's best results are when the team tell him to go long as possible and survive on slower strategy but that is the negative (conservative ) Force India seem to take to get a lucky result

I see Hulkenberg actually going to destroy Perez next season which will prove both Mclaren and Ferrari right

Perez to Force India was to get Whitmarsh's ass out of a difficult position for making a really poor decision in signing him to replace Hamilton

---------------------------------

Bouillier thinks Lotus can sort out Pastor - good luck so as long he does not take out his own teammate in races which I see happening possibly

Mansell was a hot head and it took someone like Frank Williams to believe in him - I wonder does Bouillier really think he is a regular race winner and potential world champion?

Back
Top Bottom