2014 driver line up market

Pay drivers: Chilton, Van Der Garde and Pic emphatically would not be in F1 ahead of Kovalinen/Glock if they hadn't the money.

If it were not for money, Maldonado would not have made it, and I doubt that the race win saves him.

Alonso isn't.

Which moron thinks Adrian Sutil will flog more product than Hulkenburg?

Last edited:
Maldonado won GP2, and won 6 feature races in a row, still a record, I'm pretty sure. If the team didn't have money troubles, I'm sure he'd still have had a chance, albeit he may not have stayed around as long as he has.

To be honest, i don't think Kovalainen isn't that much better than Van der Garde, Pic and Chilton teabagyokel.
His time with Mclaren was mediocre and only got one win because all the other top drivers fell out.

Does Hulkenberg has any sponsors?

Last edited:
Bushi - Yeah, but at Caterham, Kovalainen seemed consistently excellent; I think they'd have kept him if they had a free choice and this is proved by the fact they're rehiring him!

teabagyokel He was up against Trulli and Petrov and wasn't that far ahead, you can almost say they were evenly matched. I think that a Timo Glock would have done a better job if they wanted a experienced driver.

Force India seems more likely with the Mercedes engine connection. The news that Honda were to be McLarens engine supplier from 2015 could have soured that relationship.

Di Resta sounded very negative about his future when interviewed yesterday. He hasn't really bathed himself in glory this year but I'm still pretty surprised/disappointed that it looks like Force India are going to keep Sutil ahead of him.

So that'll mean Lotus are covering themselves by going with Maldonado? If they could get the Quantum cash and Maldonado then maybe that'll set them up for the next couple of years.

Mclaren in the past supplied technology to Force India - and were partly responsible in getting Di Resta the drive through the association with Mercedes

they even seconded one of their senior engineers for a season

It might be them or Marussia who would have been offered Magnussen and then decided not togo with it

I understand Marussia seeing they've got support from Ferrari and appear to rate Bianchi, Force India apparently don't get much technical assistance from Mercedes so otherwise Merc would have offered them Sam Bird or one of their other young drivers if that was the case

as EJ mentioned why would Martin Whitmarsh phone Force India and offer Perez and at the same token put Di Resta's career in jeopardy - someone they do rate

-------------------------------

Having said Vj's word means nothing at Force India as Algarsauri found out earlier this year

-------

Sutil seems to think he has a guaranteed seat at FI next season because he is going to be paid through his sponsors

Back
Top Bottom