2014 driver line up market

Martin seems to let slip that Jenson has signed in that letter.
"As regards our driver line-up for next year, no 2014 deal has yet been signed with any driver except Jenson,"

[quote="Mephistopheles, post: 223086, member:] I believe my theory has as much substance as some of the others that are being tossed around.[/quote]

Other than the fact its based on something you think might happen by simpley guessing without having any hint or evidence - yes its full of substance.

Still believe you more than James Allen though.

Grosjean already has a contract in place for next year - the team wanted continuity and given his form in the last few races I think he has done enough to deserve to be there next season

Lotus are waiting on the 2nd driver depending on the Quantum money and should be expected to announce that it is Hulkenburg as preferred by Quantum

Hulkenburg did not stand in the last two races because I think Sauber will want a compensation to get him released early which off course stingy Genii Capital will not pay

I am sure Hulkenburg would have considered it to jump into a front running car

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mclaren have Magnussen but I do believe they may want to snatch Hulkenburg if Lotus goes with Maldonado

Yeah as a parting shot
Perez said Mclaren should be more organised and be more realistic about their aspirations this season... Mclaren unorganised ?? then what is Sam Michael doing then ?

Last edited:
He may not be confirmed but he is contracted. I seriously doubt he has anything to worry about he has made Lewis look slow several times this year, never mind blowing Schumy out the water in previous years.

They would have to be insane to drop Rosberg.

So the Lotus seat is still the next domino to fall. Is Perez now in play for that? I think the losers then look to Force India and finally Sauber. At least two rookies coming in and only Webber out means that at least one current driver is going to miss out when the music stops.

Di Resta looks really vulnerable to me. Needs two big races these next few weeks. I wonder though if it might be a blessing in disguise for him. If there really is more testing next year, maybe McLaren or Merc would take him on as a test driver.

I think if DiResta did loose his drive he would be better heading for sports cars or champ cars. Maybe he could take Darios seat, he has just announced his retirement.

Last edited:
I agree about Rosberg but thought he was on a three year contract which runs out this season. I'd hate him to go but with the Brawn saga I'm not completely trusting that Merc won't try and bring in a more exciting Nico.

PDR hasn't impressed me much.

I think we should all hope that its Sutil whose for the door as he has shown nothing this season.

Rumours are that Petrov has new financial backing (he may get the nod at Sauber over Sirotkin even), Felipe Nasr has a good wad of sponsorship behind him and Kovi's come back could put him in the frame so I wouldn't bet against there being more than one annoyed driver when the music stops.

Interesting interview with Hulkenberg in a swiss newspaper.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/hulkenbe.../21125/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some reading between the lines..

He says he is defiantly 'going' and also says the options are well known 'lotus, sauber, force india' and says that the chances at Lotus are the worst 'rumours are Maldonado is already there'…….. So he is going to Force India then? or he won't even be on the grid.

Back
Top Bottom