2014 driver line up market

RasputinLives I've been left pretty confused about why McLaren are playing slowly slowly catchy monkey with sorting out their drivers for next season as well as I think it's so far-fetched that they won't confirm Button and Perez. We'll see I guess.

sushifiesta

Button I think will stay because he is a world champion and they can only replace him with another world champion ALonso if that is the case but I think Mclaren need to pay off his contract which is a lot more than Perez's

Why do people keep saying Alonso could leave Ferrari? He has a contract and I'm sure he has himself said he will stay for the duration of that contract.

IMO Mclaren will 100% keep button, but will take Hulk IF Lotus don't. Else they will stick with Perez.

After Kimi, the Hulk is the next best thing, (just looking at who is likely to move) - so I would put him top of the leader board for a decent drive next year. But I look at their ability, not their bank balance.

Last edited:
Greenlantern101
Alonso is pretty much given up the title this year which is a formality

What will be interesting is his attitude for the next 3 races after this and what if Raikkonen or Hamilton steals 2nd from him

Alonso does not want to acknowledge Vettel as great driver and interestingly EJ thinks Nando has missed his time to go down as an all time great

So what if Alonso looses 2nd. He isn't going to leave Ferrari for Mclaren who are a midfield team at the moment. Especially as he has said he is staying at Ferrari for the next 3 years.

As for Alonso not respecting Seb I think that is total nonsense a quick google search and you will see he has praised Seb on several occasions.

As for EJ he is a knob.

Greenlantern101 - Fernando has said Vettel and Red Bull deserve the title because they have done a better job but it frustrates him that he is having to fight in an inferior car

but he will put subtle digs about for Vettel to win in an inferior or a quality teammate

Why would not Alonso move because he has seen little progress with Ferrari through the season and is beginning to vent his frustration in a way Luca does not like . Ferrari always find scapegoats for not delivering results. He said he will stay but it takes one bust up and that all goes out of the window

Mclaren are midfield now but with Honda giving exclusive backing for 2015 then it is worth the risk

latest rumour apparently Mclaren now have decided to make a last minute attempt for Hulkenberg:givemestrength::bangfists:Talk about indecisiveness when they supposedly ruled him out because he was too tall

I'm torn as would love to see Hulkenberg in the Mclaren but Perez was good today. No way they should get rid of Button though who has been superb all year.

Can they run 3 cars?

Maybe if Perez geta dropped he can go back to Sauber and line himself up for the Ferrari drive in 2015 when the Fernando/Kimi thing blows up in their face.

Which is a massive shame for Guttierrez who should be kept over Sirotkin but I can't present an argument for him keeping a seat over Perez.

the story about Maldonado to Lotus ?? Is it a sizeable sponsor he will bring to the team then? He's is very lucky to be in F1 next year if he gets that drive

Back
Top Bottom