2014 driver line up market

Breaking News suggesting that Toro Rosso have promoted Dani Kvyat to the 2014 race seat

(tip of the hat to Jos the Boss for getting there first on the Toro Rosso thread).

He could be quite an exciting addition to the grid as he's looked pretty quick recently in GP3. Has been doing it Vettel style and leading lights to flag with fastest lap thrown in.

At last some bums on seats.
Is it just me or are F1 drivers getting younger. He looks like he should still be in school.

DaCosta must be pissed.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...pointing-unknown-daniil-kvyat-for-2014-season

screenshot.11.webp

Last edited:
Blimey he does! Only ever seen him with his helmet on. Just found out he's Antonio Felix Da Costa's flat mate! Thats going to be an awkward moment over the Coco Pops tomorrow isn't?

I think the boy has got his chance through good form this year and being quick so quite happy to welcome him to the grid and hope he does well.

Looks like 2 Russians on the grid for the first Russian GP. Mr Putin will be pleased.

Current status?

Redbull - Vettel & Ricciardo
Ferrari - Alonso & Kimi
Mercedes - Hamilton & TBC
McLaren - TBC & TBC
Lotus - TBC & TBC
TorroRosso - Kvyat & Verne
Williams - TBC & TBC
Caterham - TBC & TBC
Force India - TBC & TBC
Sauber - TBC & TBC
Marrusia - Bianchi & TBC

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if Rosberg, Button, Perez, Grosjean, Bottas and Gutierrez don't keep their seats. On top of that Sirotkin is all but confirmed for Sauber and Lotus would be crazy not to take Hulkenberg. I think the two Force India seats and one Williams seat are the only places where there's any real interest. Maldonado, Di Resta and Sutil all have their moments but all have been far from convincing at times this season.

Nothing about Caterham and Marussia I hear you say? Maybe that's because I'm in super secret contract talks... ;)

I'll be surprised if Rosberg, Button, Perez, Grosjean, Bottas and Gutierrez don't keep their seats. On top of that Sirotkin is all but confirmed for Sauber and Lotus would be crazy not to take Hulkenberg.

I agree on Rosberg & Button: I'd be amazed if they aren't kept on. Then in decreasing order of certainty I think Grosjean, Bottas and Perez are also >60% sure. I'm not so sure about Gutierrez, maybe 50/50 depending on the last few races but you're probably right about Sirotkin. A big risk having them both though, surely?

Then it depends on Hulk... Can he trust that Lotus can a) pay him and b) deliver a decent car post-James Allison or is it 'better the devil you know' back at Force India? Wherever, its probably just a one year deal he wants.

But I think Massa is a wildcard here with his size, experience and new portfolio of sponsors. There is certainly an argument for Lotus going with Felipe and Petrobras. I think everyone else is going to have to wait for these two to pick their teams for next year.

Well, it looks as if Felipe baby will be signing for Williams at the expense of Pastor Maldonado.

I wonder if Smedders is making the move too?

Smedley was rumoured to be heading there weeks ago. Is this the 1st instance of a race engineer sticking with his driver?

Before Smedley has there been any other well known engineers? I don't mean the greats such as chapman but more like Rocky for Vettel and AST for Alonso.

Back
Top Bottom