2014 driver line up market

Well, it looks as if Felipe baby will be signing for Williams at the expense of Pastor Maldonado.

I wonder if Smedders is making the move too?
Wasn't Felipe's money coming from Petrobras? What does that mean for PDVSA? Off with Pastor to Lotus...?

I reckon that lands Maldo at Sauber if it happens.

Massa might be a good fit at Williams. We'll certainly get a better comparrison on Bottas thats for sure.

A 5 year contract is a massive undertaking.

Could all be about right though with Maldo saying he had some exciting news to announce in next few days.

I just hope Hulk has secretly signed with Mclaren already and not Force India as will be gutted to see him miss out AGAIN!

It's the 5-year contract that makes it sound dubious to me, frankly - though I suppose that could be journalistic hyperbole...:dunno:

As I said before - it would be a travesty if Maldo were to sneak into the Lotus berth ahead of Hulk. I have a sinking feeling that Nico will end up re-signing for Farce India, or even sitting tight at Sauber...:rolleyes:

I guess Maldo has money and a racecwin to back him up. Seems pretty obvious that Enstone are pumping up Grosjean as team leader which I don't think they'd do if Massa or Hulkenberg were coming.

Petrov would be a far better move for Sauber. I didn't think he did too bad a job for Caterham in 2012.

That move might save Guttierrez career as well as they are far more likely to stick with him if they have another exoerienced driver in the team.

He wasn't all that bad at Renault either RasputinLives . Kubica beat him, yes, but at the time he was looking destined for greatness. Much better to have Petrov & Gutierrez and a mix of Russian and Mexican money than all your eggs in one of those baskets I would have thought.

So it might be

Redbull - Vettel & Ricciardo
Ferrari - Alonso & Raikkonen
Mercedes - Hamilton & Rosberg
McLaren - Button & Perez
Lotus - Grosjean & Maldonado
TorroRosso - Kvyat & Verne
Williams - Massa & Bottas
Caterham - TBC & TBC
Force India - Hulkenberg & TBC (di Resta or Sutil)
Sauber - TBC & TBC (two from Petrov, Sirotkin & Gutierrez)
Marrusia - Bianchi & TBC (Chilton's money?)

I think Perez would have had to do something very wrong to get dumped after one season and especially as McLaren turned down Hulkenberg last season I don't see them signing him this season. I think we'd all be better off crossing everything and hoping he gets the Lotus seat.

Personally, no I don't but it's not like I'm an expert and I'd prefer to see Hulkenberg in the McLaren myself as well. Perez has been decent enough to keep his seat for another season I think.

I'd usually agree with you but they are being very cagey about the whole idea of renewing his contract like they are waiting for the music to stop on the driver merry go round.

I think if they find no one has taken Hulkenberg they'd have to seriously consider going for him.

Back
Top Bottom