Vettel's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vettel was to have quoted in some motorsport news magazine " I don't fear Kimi!"

Of course he was. He'd also have said "I don't fear Hulkenburg", but you seem to have suggested he'd veto that one. I mean, he can hardly say "What? They're saying my team-mate is going to be [Kimi/Hamilton/Hulk/JEV/Ricciardo/Alonso/Rosberg/Bruno Senna/Inoue/Ide]; I'm frightened because I'm only good enough to beat Webber."

No, that wouldn't look good in his contract negotiations, would it?

teabagyokel

as you know Vettel keeps denying he is the favoured son at Red Bull despite the evidence suggesting otherwise and he is never going to enhance his reputation unless he beats a truly world class driver as his teammate preferably a world champion

It is clear he does not want Alonso or Hamilton who have both difficult personalities for him to deal with whereas Kimi being the Iceman might be less stressful

as for Hulkenberg my reasoning behind it is it will divide the German press opinion potentially about the best young German driver and someone who will be a very serious rival for many years if given the right machinery or opportunity. They are other top teams chasing Hulkenberg so he would rather they have him

With Kimi I think he has only realistically 2 more years or 3 years in F1 because Red Bull would probably be his last team unless Mclaren or Ferrari suddenly swoop him which might happen possibly if he has that hunger

Kimi is the one who is going to cause him least problems in terms of personality and teammate battles

Ricciardo - he would have the whole of Australia behind him no doubt and as well being considered his successor - Vettel's not going to relinquish his hold at Red Bull that soon to another younger driver.

The way I see it if Vettel chooses Ricciardo - he wins its because he has No1 status . If he loses its because its the car

With Kimi - they would be less inclined to criticise Vettel unless its a serious thrashing because it is a world champion teammate he lost too

With Kimi - they would be less inclined to criticise Vettel unless its a serious thrashing because it is a world champion teammate he lost too

I don't think that comes into it. I don't think Vettel would expect to lose if they had an accident like the film The Fly and he ended up fighting against a merged Fangioprostsennaschumacherclarkstewartpiquetlauda monster. I don't think he'd be unhappy to face Hulkenburg - even if Hulk initially starts winning, Vettel is currently a three time World Champion.

As regards JEV I don't think he's out of it yet and think he's been unlucky in the last two races with car issues. He still has the best result TorovRosso has had since Vettel left and while he doesn't blow his own trumpet in the media like Ricciardo has been doing since Webber announced he was retiring I still think he's more in the running than people make out.

Plus French driver for French engine? gotta be worth a few brownie points.

Here's my best guess for silly season:

Red Bull: Kimi Raikkonen - I don't think Vettel is against having another great driver next to him and won't reject this. It will make the Toro Rosso "Jr" team seem a little silly, though.
Toro Rosso: Buemi in for Vergne
Lotus: Paul di Resta
Force India: Felipe Massa - seems odd, but they have a fairly competitive car and would be a great improvement to the team and partner to Adrian Sutil.
Ferrari: Nico Hulkenberg
Sauber: Davide Valsecchi - honestly have no idea if they will be around in 2014 or even finish 2013, but guessing it will be another young pay driver and he makes the jump from Lotus test driver to Sauber race driver. *Massa could also come here if the team is around.
Caterham: Heikki Kovalainen & Alexander Rossi - both current drivers are gone

I think Saubers woes have been greatly exagerated. They are expecting to sign a deal with a massive Russian gas supplier very soon.

The Pits - Well, he must be useful for something anyway. [stockjoke="John Terry Full Kit Celebration"]If Sauber win a race, will John Terry turn up on the podium?[/stockjoke]

teabagyokel

I see it differently as Hulkenburg could be seen as the German hero take away Vettel's mantle - remember how the German press kept comparing Frentzen and Schumacher ..it would be that situation.

RasputinLives

Recent stories suggests JEV is like the 3rd choice and now an outsider to the other two
- I don't think Renault are putting pressure on Red Bull to field a French driver given they've already made Red Bull the No1 team for five years otherwise it would simply JEV and Grosjean considered

Sauber's woes are very strange given they were suppose to be backed by Telmex by having a Mexican driver

I think Telmex were far more quick to pass the cash when they had a Mexican driver scoring podiums. Also Mr rich bloke from Telmex has been seen far more in the Mclaren pit garage of late.

As regards JEV I don't think he's out of it yet and think he's been unlucky in the last two races with car issues. He still has the best result TorovRosso has had since Vettel left and while he doesn't blow his own trumpet in the media like Ricciardo has been doing since Webber announced he was retiring I still think he's more in the running than people make out.

Plus French driver for French engine? gotta be worth a few brownie points.

Reminds me of Buemi, he seemed to have car issues and was the quiet one compared to Alguersuari.

Sauber: Davide Valsecchi - honestly have no idea if they will be around in 2014 or even finish 2013, but guessing it will be another young pay driver and he makes the jump from Lotus test driver to Sauber race driver. *Massa could also come here if the team is around.

The reason Valsecchi isn't on the current F1 grid, is because he doesn't have sponsors. He said that himself in an interview, it was when a few of us were questioning how the GP2 champion wasn't on the grid, but the runner up, and the driver who finished 3rd plus Max Chilton were on the grid.

Well as Hulkenberg has been given permission from his team to look for another team, I think he's a strong contender.

I don't want Kimi anywhere near Vettel because I think Kimi would get the short straw and would never be allowed to race to his full potential again.

Pondering this a bit more, I don't think Kimi would be in any danger of being held back by Red Bull.

Mark Webber could have won the World Championship in 2010. He almost certainly would have if he didn't drop it in Korea. Since then he's been dominated.

Four WDC and Four WCC on, I don't see any scenario in which they would prevent a former World Champ from racing their reigning Champ head-to-head. In fact, they would have to be completely mad if they think they can bring in a guy like Raikkonen and then expect him to take a subservient role. We know they want him, and I don't think they're insane.

teabagyokel

as you know Vettel keeps denying he is the favoured son at Red Bull despite the evidence suggesting otherwise and he is never going to enhance his reputation unless he beats a truly world class driver as his teammate preferably a world champion

It is clear he does not want Alonso or Hamilton who have both difficult personalities for him to deal with whereas Kimi being the Iceman might be less stressful

They didn't want their favoured son to win at Malaysia, didn't they? Please enlighten me, when did Vettel ever said he doesn't want to be teamed up with Alonso or Hamilton?

To me it's clear Alonso doesn't want a world class driver next to him, cause he packed his bags after one year with Lewis. But other than a damaged Massa, who has he beaten? I do recall him getting beaten by Trulli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom